Information on the company
This Group is one of the longest and best known Tour Operators in Ireland that has offered travel companies service to a large range of travel trade partners since 1978. Based in Ireland, Scotland and England, this Incoming Tour Operators is selling the destinations of Ireland and the UK to the worldwide travel trade on a B2B basis. Specialised in the leisure travel sector, our client has focused its activities in 4 specific inbound tourism divisions that include: Group Tours, Individual & Online Travel, Incentive & Luxury leisure travel, Association Conferences & Events.
This is a 3 to 6 month internship based in Edinburgh, paying NMW
Key responsibilities of the role;
This client is looking for an enthusiastic intern passionate about tourism and communications to join their team either in Edinburgh to deal with different departments.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting primarily in the day-to-day work of the Accommodation Contracting department.
- Gain an entry level understanding of Hotel contracting for the Business to Business sector for both Groups and individuals (FIT/BAR); sourcing, pricing and negotiation of all product types from B&B to 5* Hotels.
- Negotiation of rates with our supplier partners for ad-hoc group business.
- Assist in development work to set generic quoting rates for group business.
- Communicate by telephone, email and face to face with suppliers.
- Good focus and attention to detail are very important.
- Required to recognise and keep confidential any sensitive information which you handle during your work, including internal business affairs and details about our customers (and subsequently their clients).
- Learn to navigate booking system which you will use on a daily basis
- Gain a thorough understanding of the company's product offering.
- Help prepare statistical information for Contractor/Supplier meetings
- Help with contacting suppliers in relation to availabilities, rates, information.
- Undertake product research and development to strengthen company'sproduct portfolio
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications;
What are the perks of working at this company?
- Fluency in English language
- Good basic key board skills and proficiency in Microsoft office
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Willingness and can do attitude
- Enthusiasm and interest in the UK tourism industry
- Ability to multi-task, to handle project work and ad-hoc requests from Manager and Contracting team.
- Requirements- students must be affiliated with college/Educational institution /Erasmus/Leonardo Da Vinci etc. or this internship is part of their studies.
- Opportunity to grow personally and professionally
- Gain experience in a friendly international environment
- Working hours Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm
- 3 or 6 month internship depending on your availability
Apply for this role