Information on the company
This company manufactures own brand ladies, men's and children's garments for customers including Marks & Spencer, Debenhams, John Lewis and Next. The in-house design team focus on the current trends in leather and PU outerwear and offer an innovative and exciting range of both modern and traditional products.
This is a full-time position based in Manchester, paying £18K
Key responsibilities of the role;
- CAD work is essential – you must be competent on Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop. Evidence of this should be shown at the interview stage.
- Ordering and developing samples by creating tech packs and specs that factories will use to produce samples.
- Keeping up to date with emerging trends and creating trend packs for the Sales team to show to new customers. (Understanding of WGSN, Fashion Websites etc.) Evidence of this should be shown at the interview stage.
- Developing swatch boards for customers.
- Measuring garments and making comments on obvious workmanship flaws.
- Chasing sample orders and updating the order system.
- Taking notes in fit sessions and sending these to factories to follow.
- Liaising with the Sales and Merchandise team to ensure new samples are being ordered to customer specs and prices.
- Photographing samples that arrive into the business.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications;
What are the perks of working at this company?#
- Educated to a degree level
- Recent graduates who have a real ‘can do’ attitude
- This role will focus on trend research, design (CAD), sealing products and developing new ranges. Concentrating on Outerwear, separates and accessories
An excellent opportunity to develop your skills and experience within a dynamic company, right here in Manchester.
Apply for this role