Information on the company
This company specialises in the supply of high quality garments reflecting current market trends. Their success has been built upon the reputation we have gained within the industry, recognised for our delivery of quality and excellent service. Clients include Topman, River Island and Primark.
This is a 3 month £NMW paid internship based in Preston, Lancashire.
Key responsibilities of the role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for inputting data onto the company finance system accurately and efficiently.
How you can expect to spend your day:
- Ensuring all sales invoices are entered on to Sage correctly, updated onto Combined Transport, Combined Sales and Cash Flow.
- Ensuring all local suppliers invoices are raised at agreed price and any incorrect charges are disputed with suppliers via phone or email.
- Entering the approved local supplier’s invoices onto Sage.
- Reconcile petty cash and enter onto Sage.
- Ensuring accuracy of employee expense sheet and enter it onto Sage.
- Ensuring all files are labelled correctly and archived properly in archive box.
- Entering all charitable donation receipts onto Sage.
- Performing bank reconciliation.
- Booking train and hotels for employees going on business trip upon approval from HR.
- Performing Stationery stock take.
- Comparing prices with different suppliers for stationery and seek approval from Team Leader before placing an order.
- Ensure all mails received by post are opened and directed to relevant person ASAP.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
- The successful candidate must have a 1st class in an accounting or finance related degree.
- Past experience in an accounting or bookkeeping role related to a computerised accounting system, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger through trial balance.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to operate calculator, computer, and other general office equipment.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll accounting transactions and payroll returns.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both spoken and written.
Apply for this role