Information on the company
Established in Budapest, 2006, this company produce fully natural, anti-aging and skincare beauty products. Loved by beauty editors, the range quickly earned an international following and has appeared on the pages of numerous fashion magazines and stocked in the likes of Harrods and Selfridges. The products and treatments are now available at some of the world’s leading stores across Europe, America and the Far East.
This is a 3 month internship paying £1,200 per month with the intention of converting to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the company to work closely with the New Product Development Manager to support them in developing new skincare products as well as all collateral materials. This is a really exciting opportunity for anyone interested in the cosmetic skincare industry working for a major international skincare brand yet a company still small enough to make your own impression.
Full training will be provided and career progression within the business.
Tasks you can expect to undertake and learn about include:
- Work closely with the company founder on market research of new skincare beauty products, identifying opportunities for the business to expand into.
- Create and maintain a system of samples storage.
- Manage ordering of packaging samples from various suppliers for the different new product projects and collect technical specifications.
- Build excellent working relationships with packaging suppliers globally.
- Collect marketing information on new ingredients and archive these in relevant folders.
- Facilitate communications with amenities suppliers on the development of various airline/hotel amenities.
- Handle communications with collateral suppliers in Asia (with guidance from the NPD Manager) about the development of collaterals.
- Place and track purchase orders for the various collaterals.
- Manage logistics for delivery between the UK and US warehouse.
- Check artwork for packaging.
- Support the research required behind each new product which will involve working with the company’s chemist and production team to identify materials required, costing these up and projecting how the product would launch across different territories.
- Work with press contacts around new product launches to promote a successful launch.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
Desired skills, experience and personality:
- Educated to degree level.
- An interest in the beauty product and cosmetic industry, in particular skincare.
- A highly organised and meticulous worker who is eager to learn.
- A strong communicator who is comfortable working with different internal teams and organising suppliers as required.
- A positive ‘can do’ approach to work.
- Someone who’d be excited by joining a high growth cosmetic company and want to carve out a successful career for themselves.
- Comfortable working to deadlines and committed to getting the job done.
- A creative thinker who is willing to try new ideas and implement these.
- An interest in the marketing and PR side of new beauty products.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- Join an expanding business which has enjoyed 70% growth year on year and as such this is a great time to join an ambitious team which currently consists of 18 people and work with customers across the globe.
- Enjoy big discounts on company products.