Title: Art Archivist Internship | £18K | Talent Management | West London
Industry: Creative industries
Role/Sector: Project management | Operations and logistics
Location: West London
Placement: Internship (going permanent)
Duration: 3 months
Salary: £18,000 (per annum)
Information on the company
A world famous talent management company working with stars from both the music and sports industries such as Elton John, Ed Sheeran and Laura Trott.
This is a 3 month internship with the intention for it to be extended or converted to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
Supporting the Archivist to acquire, manage and maintain collections of art and other items of artistic and historical interest
• Researching, identifying and cataloguing paintings and other items
• Evaluating records and items for preservation and retention - some may be fragile and need careful handling, repair or conservation
• Arranging for the acquisition and retrieval of records and items
• Liaising with donors and depositors of items, both internal and external to the organisation
• Preparing record-keeping systems and procedures for archival research and for the retention or destruction of records
• Cataloguing collections and managing information and records;
• Responding to personal, telephone, email and written enquiries in relation to the collections
• Facilitating remote access by maintaining user-friendly, computer-aided search systems;
• Helping to arrange exhibitions, talks and visits
• Helping to identify ways of protecting and preserving collections
• Assisting and advising on the ongoing organisation and storage of material in order to encourage organisations to plan for the future.
What are the ideal intern’s personality, skills and qualifications?
• A keen interest in art and possibly a specialist area
• Great communication skills - you need to be able to relate to a wide range of people
• Great organizational skills
• A logical approach to the work of identification and classification
• Good organisational ability to manage a wide range of tasks
• An understanding of research skills in order to help others access items and materials
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• The ability to skim and understand an extensive and varied range of material
• Adaptability and a high degree of flexibility
• The ability to anticipate and respond to changing needs
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Exceptional IT skills and an interest in applying digital technology to archival practice
• High level of competence in administrative processes and project management
• Ability to lift and move large objects/packages
What are the perks of interning at this company?
• Working for a world famous artist management brings with it perks in terms of being involved with really interesting events and opportunities
• This internship could involve some international travel where appropriate
• This is a great ‘foot in the door’ opportunity to an industry typically hard to break into
• 22 days holiday
• Working hours are 10am - 6pm