Information on the company
Our clients loves to celebrate endorphins. They love the feeling you get at the end of a really good workout, and we love being able to see the benefits afterwards.
For them, it’s not enough that they provide their clients with a dynamic, energising exercise programme that delivers results fast. It’s also important that they provide an experience that’s welcoming, positive and enjoyable.
Everything they do at is designed to help us achieve these goals.
So their Trainers are among the most expert (and the most highly trained) you’ll find anywhere. They’re chosen as much for their attitude and approach as for their expertise.
This is a permanent role offering £18K plus a monthly bonus based in Notting Hill. This is an entry level role into the Fitness sector, it starts as client advisor with the chance of progression to studio manager working for a succesful female founder
Day-to-day activities will include…
- Ensure the best possible experience for each client with each visit
- Ensure that you are fully aware of the days’ schedule and appointments in order to direct clients and staff - review the classes, PT’s and physio appointments for the day and confirm clients to trainer/physio
- Ensure that each client is acknowledged as soon as they walk into the studio and is helped as necessary
- Meet and greet clients in a friendly manner using their names
- Ensure you are aware of all first timers for the day, prepare their paperwork in advance and ensure you are ready for them when they arrive to take them through the studio – if you are not able to do an induction tour with them please arrange beforehand with a trainer or any other available staff to do it. No unpaid first timers.
- Ensure trainer sees ParQ forms and all info is entered onto MBO. ParQ’s to be signed off by trainer/physio/therapist
- Check phone messages and emails regularly and reply within 2 hours
- Answer phone within 3 rings
- Know the products, PT, Classes, Physio and Massage prices
- Ensure music is on in reception and that the area feels positive and energised
- Do a minimum of one class a week and attend Physio and Massage quarterly to ensure you are confident and knowledgeable about what our product is and have a good understanding of Circle of Care
- Customer complaints – manage these quickly and fairly. It’s not the fact that we get complaints it’s how they are dealt with. Solve/answer yourself or escalate to manager. Complex or difficult complaints get escalated to Justin Rogers if you manager needs support
- Action the Walk daily and update maintenance tracker and notes to cleaners
- Action opening and closing procedures
- Keep the reception area clean and tidy at all times, hoover, wipe down scuff marks and mirrors as necessary. Check toilets/showers/changing rooms hourly – ensure towels removed from changing room and bins empty
- Be involved and aware of health & safety requirements and carry out the relevant checks.
- Understand and exhibit the Ten values – Celebratory, Expert, and People Driven.
- Switch lights and aircon off when room not in use – double check changing room regularly
- Ensure maintenance record are up to date and ensure that urgent matters are dealt with in a timely matter
- All signage to be printed on company paper and either laminated or put in a frame
- Leave a handover for the next FOH
- Print out class schedule for next day
- Replenish studio stock throughout the day
- Maintain studio and changing room every hour
- Ensure towels/centre feed rolls/cleaning product is full at all times in studio – support trainers with this. Check off end of every shift, in preparation for next shift.
- Leave reception as you would wish to find it.
- Sign in each client as they arrive.
- Take payment for all classes before booking.
- Track individual customers block booking status
- We operate a 24 hr cancellation policy
- All payments need to be registered on MBO and on the takings sheet.
- All card receipts need to be stored in the daily takings envelopes. Cash takings are stored in the weekly cash takings envelope.
- At the end of the day, print off the x and z reads from the ParQ machine and attach to card receipts
- Ensure trainer is in studio 15minutes prior to class/PT
- Ensure FOH is in studio 15minutes prior to start of shift
- Delivery FOH report every Monday by 11am
- Maintain Accident report and records (see protocol document)
- Keep relevant filing systems updated and accurate
- Ensure PARQ forms are signed off by trainer/physio and completed in detail
- Check to see who owes money and reason for owing. Chase payments following the finance guidelines. Keep unpaid to a minimum
- Do weekly stock takes and maintain stock report
- Manage credit card spend
- Manage studio orders
- Submit all relevant paperwork to accounts on a weekly basis
- Report any anomalies with takings, banking, float, credit cards or order to accounts
- Do float checks daily
- Do a complete handover after each shift
- Follow Marketing & PR briefings and ensure information is relevant and up on time
- Update the Communication folder daily/weekly
- Take & type up the weekly team meeting minutes
- Call Trainers/Staff 15 minutes before shift if they have not arrived to establish where they are.
- Notify Studio Manager of any absenteeism or lateness of any of the team
- Know where the Defib is (in each studio)
- Plan your day and your key tasks at the beginning of your shift and pick up any actions from the FOH handover
- Ensure actions from the FOH report or completed each week
- All payments taken need to be put through the MindBody retail screen
- Update ParQ forms onto the system daily
- Reconcile MindBody and PDQ payments daily and cross reference with our envelope record – done in the evening.
- Know the system and make yourself aware of upgrades
- Look for discrepancies and notify manager
- Know the detail of the Physio booking and insurance system
- Feedback to manager any client comments on schedule
- Notify Manager of any training needs you may have in a timely fashion.
- Main admin support for Studio Manager
- If trainer absent or sick find a replacement / speak to the Studio Manager / Call Ken Fitzmaurice
- Set up team meetings and add to trainer PT MBO Screen
- Encourage people to buy block bookings
- Let customers know when their block bookings are running out
- Encourage clients to purchase our retail products or physio products when necessary
- Promote Circle of Care
- Book clients into PT – know the trainers ‘style’ and what they are really good at
- Look to convert first timers – knowing the offers and / or promotions to support this
- Know that we are expert and why we are better than our competition – know what makes Ten different
- Notify studio manager of any requests for different, improved or additional classes/PT times/Physio availability
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications…
- Passion for people and fitness
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to enhance a one team culture
- High level of organisation and attention to detail and finisher of tasks
- Ability to multi-task across different tasks and business ie Physio and Pilates
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Diplomacy and sensitivity when working with clients
- Computer Literacy
- Understand policies and impact and importance of role
- Problem solving and proactive
- Ability to take ownership of role
- At least 2 years working in hospitality, health and beauty industry or fitness environment
- Managing bookings and reservations
- Dealing with clients face to face and over the phone
- Responsibility of the maintenance of your workspace and working with a wider team
What are the perks of working at this company?
- Career progression
- Working for a succesful female founder
- Discounted classes
- Huge feel good factor