Information on the company
Our client is the UKs premier barre fitness Studio specialising in an intelligent form of exercise that works every major muscle group in the body, creating lasting change after just a few classes. All classes are led by specialist instructors who undergo 200 hours of intensive barre fitness training before qualifying.
Our client has 12 locations across London and the UK and set for rapid growth. Over the last few years they are proud of the like-minded, friendly, supportive community they’ve built up.
This is a three month internship paying £18K with the opportunity to convert to a permanent position.
How you can expect to spend your day:
They are looking for a data-crunching, technically proficient analyst with a commercial mind set who can help us to make intelligent, data-driven decisions about how to grow and adapt our business.
The company is at the vanguard of boutique fitness in the UK, so you will be in command of unique data sets about consumer behaviour in this emerging market. It will be your job to find nuggets of actionable insight in the data that can grow our business while delivering the best customer experience, both online and in Studio.
You will report to the Chief Marketing Officer, and will also have a dotted line into our Finance Manager.
This role would suit someone of graduate level with at least 1-2 years appropriate work experience with commercial / consumer data.
Your day to day activities will include:
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
- Support of CRM initiatives; running queries, making selections and manipulating campaign data from our booking system or from within our email system (MailChimp) - for use in ongoing email communications
- Analysis of our membership base to help our Marketing Team understand the Lifetime Value (LTV) of each membership type
- Supporting the creation of a new Customer Segmentation Strategy
- Getting the most out of our website, content and social platforms - by understanding and helping in the optimization of customer journeys
- With the assistance of the finance team, undertaking financial analysis (for example) around margin and yield and presenting financial data in Board reports.
- Being responsible for competitor and market pricing analysis to ensure our classes and services are priced correctly at each location, and working with other members of the team to refine our pricing approach
- Performing ad hoc analyses as requested on our growing set of class booking data, looking for trends and insights that will help us optimize our timetables at each Studio location
- Taking the initiative to identity and undertake additional analyses that could help to prove or disprove hypotheses about the business
- Being the go-to data person in the company – an intellectual powerhouse that can bring analytical rigour to any situation
- A love of building and playing with models in Excel (and a love for tidy, well-formatted sheets) – you need advanced Excel skills
- Experience of working with data in a rigorous environment (commercial or educational)
- Experience or desire to learn technical skills such as Google Analytics
- Basic understanding of economic and financial principles
- Degree educated to a good level or equivalent experience
- Pricing experience a bonus
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- Proven self-starter with a drive to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment
- Inquisitive and analytical mind, capable of tackling complex problems
- Fine attention to detail and quality control
- Eagle-eyed ability to spot trends and pick out statistical inaccuracies
- Ability to communicate findings in an accessible way (explain what you think it means, don’t just send us the spread sheet)
- A flexible, “get it done” attitude
- Excellent spoken and written English
You’ll get to be part of a rapidly growing brand in a booming industry, as well as this, you’ll have access to the following:
- Free Barre Classes
- Staff Discount on retail.
- Contributory workplace pension
- Friendly and supportive environment – training provided (as required)