Title: Pricing Executive | £25K | Kingston Upon Thames
Role/Sector: Travel | Customer services
Placement: Graduate job (permanent)
Salary: £25,000 (per annum)
Information on the company
With flights, hotels, experiences and holiday essentials across the world, at surprisingly low prices. We are one of the largest and most well-established online holiday providers in Europe, with access to over 300,000 hotels, 200 airlines and over 1,000 destinations. And we’re on a mission, a mission to help hardworking people across the country create the holidays they deserve. We pride ourselves on great value - enabled by sophisticated technology and significant global group purchasing power - along with high levels of service.
Travel Republic is part of the dnata Travel and Emirates Group, employing over 100,000 people worldwide, dnata has made a truly global impact on cargo handling, inflight catering, B2B and B2C travel reaching $3billion turnover and £40million profit across all group companies.
The Commercial Team sits is at the heart of Travel Republic and is responsible for the analysis that drives commercial decision making and trading the business. We work with suppliers to ensure we have the best travel products available to sell and then manage all aspects of selling products to our customers including pricing and merchandising on our website and through our sales teams. We work with huge volumes of commercial data from across Travel Republic to support the delivery of our commercial strategies, so we understand our customers and meet our trading and strategic objectives.
The Commercial team has over 20 people and is headed by Kashif Yamin, the Commercial Director of Travel Republic.
We have an opening for a new Pricing Executive role in our Commercial Trading team. This is an entry level role within the team and is ideal for someone looking for their first full time position – all you need is some drive, ambition and a passion to do well, we’ll help you with the rest.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Complete regular price comparisons against our key competitors to understand our competitive positioning in the market
• Use price comparison information and customer demand data to identify areas of opportunity to increase sales and margin
• Implement regular price changes using our bespoke pricing and promotion system
• Spot trends in trading performance and use various pricing and promotional campaigns to target increased conversion
• Identify destinations and product types which are uncompetitive and work with a variety of stakeholders to improve our price positioning
• Work with our Purchasing team to ensure we have the best hotel rates and offers in the market
• Ensure key offers are merchandised onsite and visible to our customers, reporting back on performance
• Understand the difference in behaviour between different customer segments and develop promotions and pricing strategies to appeal to them
• Monitor performance of our core hotels to ensure we are maximising sales and margin opportunities
Key Skills and Experience
• Passion for learning
• Interest in interpreting data
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
• Interest in the travel industry
If interested, please contact HSaunders@travelrepublic.co.uk with you CV.