Title: Marketing Assistant | £22K - £23K | Guildford
Role/Sector: Marketing | Writing and editorial
Placement: Internship (going permanent)
Duration: 3 months
Salary: £22,000 (per annum)
Information on the company
Insurance Broker regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Leading award-winning international wholesale (B2B) & retail (B2C) insurance broker
- Established 1996 with c1,000 brokers
- Experienced in design, placement, management and marketing of UK, EU, Expat & Global Travel Insurance
- Approx. £20+M Gross Written Premium Managed
- Diverse range of add-ons and products beyond travel insurance including Wedding, Household, Gadget
- Working with a wide range of brands, channels and intermediaries Including GoCompare, Compare the Market, MoneySuperMarket, Brittany Ferries, The Guardian
How you expect the candidate to spend their day:
• Preparation and upload of daily marketing data 5%
• Content creation – social media/articles etc 30%
• Create and send emails – experience of MailChimp and Pure360 an advantage 30%
• Make changes to websites as required – working knowledge of HTML required 10%
• Make changes to system documents – working knowledge of HTML required 10%
• Making changes to system – Training will be given 5%
• Ad hoc work as directed
As the time goes on I suspect the role will evolve (depending on ability and appetite in the candidate), however in the short term this is what they will be concentrating on.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
We are very much a ‘team’ business – Some of our team have been with the business for 20 years and some that have only been with us for a few months. We encourage ideas and support career development through training and on the job experience.
The ideal candidate will be a team player, focussed with a ‘can-do’ attitude and keen to work with a friendly team. The business has grown considerably in the last 5 years and retaining the values on which the business has been built is important to us.
Qualifications (Ideal but not essential):
• GCSE Level (or higher) Pass in English Language and Mathematics
• A Levels, Batchelor of Arts Degree or National Diploma
• Degree in Marketing or experience in a marketing role
Knowledge / Skills:
• The ability to analyse, model and interpret data
• Problem-solving skills
• A methodical and logical approach
• The ability to plan work and meet deadlines
• Strong Accuracy and attention to detail
• Interpersonal skills
• Teamworking skills
• Written and verbal communication skills
Note: Full training will be provided
What are the perks of working at this company?
Working with a great team!
Pension – company contributes 6% pa
20 Days annual leave (28 inc Bank Holidays)
Access to Perkbox – Provides access to discounts on the high street, cinema, gyms, holidays and home entertainment systems
Non contractual discretionary annual bonus scheme
Other team benefits include – Weekly fruit box / Monthly head and neck massage / Wellbeing, Mindfulness training once a quarter
Questions for applicants to think about:
Why work for us?
What can you bring to the team?
What do you want to achieve in the short / medium term?