Information on the company
Based in Guildford, our client is the creator of an industrial analytics platform which is used by data scientists for heavyweight data processing and advanced analytics with the languages of SAS and R. It is provided to users around the world in many industry sectors, especially financial services, healthcare, retail, market research, consultancies, charities, academic research, and government statistics.
The solutions division offers hands-on data science consulting services including advice, solution design and implementation. Both off-the-shelf applications and bespoke analytics projects cover segmentation, propensity modelling, credit risk and other analytics needs.
This is a 3 month internship paying £18k pro rata and is designed to lead to a permanent graduate job with a starting salary of approximately £25k-£30K. The role will be based in the company's new office in Guildford.
Key responsibilities of the role;
You will get exposure to the full commercial aspects of Account Management and Sales. Working alongside the account management and solutions team you will learn a hybrid sales role; consulting and closing inbound enquires, developing existing account base and proactively engage with strategic prospects.
Your responsibilities will include learning about the following.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications;
- Provide customer support through inbound sales process
- Strategic account research
- CRM Management
- Entering all customer communication
- Updating sales opportunities
What are the perks of working at this company?
- Undergraduate degree
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, and self-motivated
- Organised and able to multitask
- Detail-orientated and thorough
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office
- Experience working in account management, sales, and/or customer service
- Experience or an interest in predictive analytics and/or programming would be an advantage.
- An additional language is not required, but would also be a bonus!
Our client is in one of the fastest growing markets so there will be plenty of opportunities to develop your skills and grow your career. They are also recognised by Gartner as a ‘cool vendor’ for analytics and you will benefit from free drinks, fruit, and more cake than you can shake a stick at!