Information on the company
Our client is a successful construction, development, maintenance, investment and management group operating throughout England.
You won't be expected to do all of the below. As a graduate surveyor, you'll be trained up to be able to become a fully fledged surveoyr.
This role will need someone with a driving license, or in a position to get on in the next 3 months.
How you expect the candidate to spend their day:
As Building Surveyor you will be responsible for carrying out property surveys on one of our flagship partnership contracts delivering ongoing responsive repairs, lifecycle repairs and cyclical decorations to social houses consisting of Victorian/Edwardian street properties and low rise apartment blocks.
In addition to undertaking regular stock condition surveys, you will liaise with our subcontractors to obtain quotes for works and manage these works through to completion. The types of works will be a range of low and high value and varied from replacing a front door or bath to a replacement roof, retaining walls or wooden sash windows.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
- To identify Lifecycle and Cyclical works under the various contracts, design solutions, manage resident expectations, to procure works (ensuring value for money), to place orders and manage works through to completion
- To ensure compliance with all company management policies and procedures and drive continuous improvement
- Attend Resident Consultation Meetings as required
- Management of Subcontractors and Suppliers
- To provide technical support to ensure solutions recommended are appropriate, timely and cost relevant
The preferred candidate will have previous experience as a Building Surveyor within the residential market (ideally social housing). You will be fully aware of building regulations, planning requirements, listed building and conservation area protocol, general surveying practices and experience of diagnosing damp and roofing issues. You will also have:
- Ability to assess the correctness, performance to date, and likely future performance of the various constituent elements that combine to make a building.
- Ability to diagnose faults and produce specifications of works.
- Have sound numeracy skills and required level of commercial acumen.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and proven negotiation skills.
- RICS certified or similar would be beneficial however this is not essential.
This is an exciting and challenging role and a chance to be part of a growing team and organisation. If the above sounds like you then we would strongly encourage you to apply.
Questions for applicants to think about:
- Do you drive/have a full license? The role involves lots of travel around the borough
- Do you want to grow/develop? If so, this could be just the role you are looking for.
- Are you good at lone working, but also able to work as part of a team?