Information on the company
Since the 1940's our client creates deep textured luxury fabrics for modern interiors. They are a small team operating out of London and committed to craftsmanship of the highest quality, working with the finest British manufactures from sheep to cloth.
The operations manager is responsible for warehousing of goods, preparing customer orders, internal manufacture, and dispatch of goods to customers and external manufacturing partners.
The position is multi-disciplinary and hands on and requires a committed individual who can work in a small company culture where responsibilities may vary. The individual must be meticulous in their work and a fast learner and not shy from responsibility.
There is both a manual as well as office function in this position. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop the role as the business grows and help redefine the processes in which they work to make the end-to-end product delivery process more efficient.
The Operations Manager will be an instrumental part of the core team liaising with the Product Owner and Sales and Marketing to ensure quality and service are delivered to the customer.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Set up the company’s internal warehouse and manufacturing.
- Receipt of goods from dyers, and washers and check goods into the warehouse.
- Administer the company stock control system including reorder points and liaise with the team on deliveries.
- Ensure stock in levels are accurate represented in the company systems
- Operate the twisting machine for the manufacture of twisted yarns
- Operate the guillotines and overlocking machine for the manufacture of samples
- Dispatch of samples and finished goods to customer and ensure timeous delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Become a responsible member of the our Tea Making Rota
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and particularly Excel.
- Familiar with using company computer systems for order entry and process management.
- Some experience in operating in both a customer delivery as well as an internal process function focused around deadline delivery.
- Previous experience in warehouse operations or a manufacturing function is preferable but not essential but an understanding of the key roles and how you may add value is.
- Warehousing, logistics and/or manufacturing experience is preferable but not essential
- Quick learner
- Meticulous with detail.
- Good communicator both written and verbal.
- Work in a systematic and tidy / organised manner.
- Confident in your abilities and open to learn
- Ability to manage things in an orderly manner
- Ability to multitask across functions and priorities
- The position will have an element of physical work including movement of stock, packaging of orders and loading of machinery