Information on the company
There is no consumer brand for death - have a think - it’s an overlooked area and one this business are tackling fast, disrupting the status quo and using modern tech to revolutionise the consumer experience, whether it’s planning ahead for death or having to deal with a bereavement yourself.
This business is the first mover in a huge market, VC-funded and growing fast, and have been recognised in national media and parliament for the work they've done so far. They’re now focused on rapid expansion and are looking for several new team members to join this start-up.
This is a permanent graduate job with a starting salary of £20,000, based in Vauxhall.
What does the company do?
Tired of reading about the same old start-ups that all seem to do the same thing? How about funerals then… :)
Although not the sexiest, funerals are damn important. Too many people get ripped off and too many people don’t get what they want. Our client is here to change that and bring innovation to an area of life (or death) that has long been overlooked.
The business is simple - they help people find, research and engage funeral directors online. Think Airbnb, but for funerals.
Having launched in late 2015 with a proven business model they’re scaling rapidly. They’ve built partnerships with funeral directors covering 25% of the UK market and have helped hundreds of people when they need it most.
They’re VC backed and have built a stellar team. The first mover in an industry that is going to see massive disruption over the coming years and this is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor.
How you expect the candidate to spend their day:
They are looking for a passionate, energetic go-getter to join their small, tight-knit Customer Service team.
You’ll be providing phone based, live chat and email support but, let’s be clear, this isn’t a ‘smile and dial’ or ‘industrial-scale’ call centre role. This is a fast-paced role in a growing start-up and you will be at the forefront, looking after the people their success is focussed on, their customers. We need someone with problem solving skills alongside natural empathy and people management skills.
Our client help people during what is often a difficult and emotionally fraught time - they’re dealing with the loss of someone and they need them to guide them through. Their modern, holistic support gives people advice in a friendly, warm manner. They are experts, and will teach you how to be one too.
A typical day might involve helping someone figure out what a funeral entails, maybe giving ideas on what they could do to celebrate, guiding people through the online will support, whilst another might be figuring out how someone can release money from the estate to help with costs. Whatever it is, it’s always centred around people and how they can help.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
• Someone with natural empathy and a desire to help people
• Great on the phone, either with previous phone experience through customer service and/or sales
• Self-starter, you’ll need to manage your own time and tasks
• Quick learner, there’s a lot to pick up and we need someone with desire to learn
What does the company offer?
• Join a rapidly growing business run by founders with a track record of success.
• Work in a results-only environment (ROWE) – work how you want to, where you want to, unlimited holidays
• Competitive startup salary plus every employee receives share options
• Make a difference to people’s lives
• Work in our own converted art gallery home in Vauxhall alongside other dynamic start-ups
• Free in-house gym, pool table, table tennis, and Friday drinks
• Make a difference to people’s lives
Apply for this role