Information on the company
Rooms and Studios have been providing premium but affordable accommodation for professionals, students and hostel seekers in London for over 35 years.
For this role you'll be required to maintain effective reception/help desk facilities during the required hours, assist the Building Manager in operational management of the building, communicate and resolve any issues with support of line manager and covering in his absence.
Other duties will include:
- Ensuring Health and Safety regulations are adhered to relating to the domestic activities of the property and relevant records kept up to date.
- Dealing with enquiries from residents, visitors, Rooms and Studios, Council Authority representatives, external contractors etc.
- Noise and behaviour control
- Dealing with residents or guest complaints, through to their resolution.
- Administration of site records. This includes updating records, accommodation/resident lists and keeping security log of patrolling on site. Register complaints and record any incident and accidents
- Escalating issue to the appropriate authorities ( Fire Brigade, Police or Ambulance)
- Adhering to the Data Protection Act.
- Ensuring the security of the reception area.
- Ensuring that the reception, common kitchens, laundries, foyer, surrounding ground areas and car park comply with safe working practices.
- Smartly dressed during shifts
- Signing in contractors ,temporary staff and visitors
- Participation in weekly fire alarm tests if required
- Loss prevention, CCTV Operation
- Opening and closing the office and constant patrols
- Issuing and maintaining key logs, managing lock outs
- Health and safety checks, activating and deactivating alarm system
- Adhering to company Health and Safety procedure
- Implementing Fire Action Procedure
The foregoing is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties of the post, and from time to time, other tasks of similar nature may be allocated by the Building Manager. Not least of which shall be those seen as contributing to the general overall development of the service provided