Information on the company
A growing medical publishing company specialising in unleashing the power of genetics and aiming to bring medical benefit to patients by educating scientists, clinicians and research leaders from healthcare, academic and government organisations on the latest gene related scientific developments. The company does this through a free magazine, series of e-books, website content and a series of events.
This is a 6 month internship paying between £20,000 and £22,000, with the aim to turn permanent.
What does the company do?
Our client is an events, publishing and digital platform business, based in Bermondsey, London, and formed in August 2014. Their goal is to deliver the benefits of genomics to patients faster. To do so, they support people and businesses in the life sciences sector – pharmaceutical companies, healthcare organisations and research centres.
Our client has three core products: events (including the UK’s largest genomics event), a magazine and a web portal, including webinars, reports and regular content.
How you expect the candidate to spend their day:
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to work at a dynamic start-up company, whose focus is exclusively on two of the most exciting and fastest growing areas of life sciences: genomics and precision medicine. You will work directly with the Head of Marketing.
Main responsibilities are as follows:
• Plan and execute marketing strategies and campaigns.
• Prepare and oversee delivery of data briefs, including managing the delivery of data into the business, as well as the use of data within the business.
• Build and maintain websites on Squarespace, WordPress or similar platforms.
• Build and maintain relationships with media and strategic partners.
• Generate inbound sponsorship, exhibition and advertising enquiries.
• Drive traffic to our website, to support product growth and sales.
• Write copy for marketing campaigns, and content for our website.
• Analyze the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, both during and afterwards.
• Manage and optimize the perception of our brand.
You will be a candidate of high potential, who can demonstrate the characteristics necessary to thrive here. You will also gain exposure and have the opportunity to work in multiple departments within the business: production, sales, content/writing, digital, publishing and marketing.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
Characteristics. The ideal candidate will:
• Possess a professional telephone manner. You will be a warm, articulate and sociable person who is confident in their own skin (no robots).
• Have an organized, disciplined approach to work. You will be a self-starter who is intrinsically motivated to work hard.
• Demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude, resilience and high standards.
• Be likable and capable of integrating into a tight-knit team.
• Be willing and hungry to learn and take personal responsibility from day one.
• Be commercially astute and a dynamic, intelligent and engaging individual.
• Be able to apply both creative and analytical thinking.
• Be bought into our patient-orientated social mission; to deliver the benefits of genomics to patients faster.
Experience. The ideal candidate will:
• Have a degree in a marketing-related area, including (but not restricted to) marketing, PR, advertising or media.
• Be fully committed to a career in marketing.
• Have some experience of working in a marketing role. Experience within an events or media company is a positive.
• Have strong social media skills, knowing how to use every major social media platform in a professional context.
• Experience with the following is valuable, but not necessary:
o Google AdWords/Analytics.
o Emailing marketing systems.
o Social media scheduling platforms.
Apply for this role