Information on the company
Our client established themselves in 1997. Their vision was, and is, to help parents create happy, organised homes for their families. They've done this by broadening their range to include storage, furniture, room accessories and toys as well as all the practical stuff.
They were voted Best Children’s Retailer 2015 - if retail is your bag, read on, apply and let's get you an interview asap!
This is a permanent, PART TIME role of approx 20 hours per week based in Wandsworth, SW18 offering £18,000 pro-rata. Ideally working on Tues & Thurs, although Mon & Fri is possible.
**Due to Covid 19 our client needs someone who can walk or cycle to the offices as their office is not open to people commuting on public transport**
This is for an immediate start, Monday 6th July.
Duties would include verifying and entering supplier invoices, processing pay runs and some stock reporting.
To ensure the smooth day to day running of the office, maintain accurate accounts payable records, and accurately verify stock received transactions.
Accounts Payable & Supplier Management
- Set up and maintain supplier accounts
- Check, code and enter supplier invoices and credit notes
- Verify supplier account balances to their supplier statements
- Timely resolution of supplier queries
- Assist with the preparation of payment runs (two per week) and send out remittance advice
- Stock control
- Accurate recording of stock received records
- Assist with stock reporting as required
- Office Management
- Ordering of office stationery/consumables and maintaining adequate supplies
- Liaising with maintenance contractors when required
- Communicate key issues to the team and department managers
- Build strong relationships across the business and with third parties
- Be proactive in identifying and solving business issues.
- Challenge and question existing practices to find new ways of doing things to ensure results are achieved
- Undertake ad hoc projects and analysis as requested
Required skills and experience:
- Preferably 1 years relevant experience or book keeping qualification, AAT or similar
- PC literate with experience of Excel
- Sound numerical skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective planning and organising skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Good analytical skills, able to challenge information and suggest improvements
- A willingness to learn and develop
- Good communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- Strong, flexible team player with the ability to work effectively across all functions
- Ability to treat information with confidentiality
- Bonus skills and experience:
- Working knowledge of Sage 50 Professional
- Intermediate Excel
- Knowledge of a retail environment