Information on the company
The UK’s largest provider of social sports events, helping connect people to sports leagues, fitness classes and wellness programmes including Football, Volleyball, Pilates, Team Building Events, Dodgeball and many more. The mission statement of this company is to get more people smiling through magic power of sport, either on an individual basis or as part of communities and business groups.
This is a 6 month internship with the view to go permanent, based in Wandsworth, SW London.
What does the company do?
Based in SW London, our client is the largest multi-sports club for adults in the UK – on a mission to get modern-day humans more active! They plan and deliver 200+ sports leagues every week across 15 cities for 15,000 parcipants, spanning 10 di?erent sports. The culture is dynamic and entrepreneurial, o?ering a unique opportunity to have a truly far-reaching impact on social health.
This is a unique opportunity to help the country’s social sports brand become also the market leader in social events and programmes for young professionals. This will be through a multude of events including holidays such as actvity holidays abroad, shorter breaks and experience trips, sports tournaments, and parties. This will go hand-in-hand with growing a thriving digital audience with awesome content, email marketing, events and communications. The objective of this role is to make our client the undisputed social (not just ‘sports’) destination for young professionals in the UK.
- Promote and organise a series of annual ski trips and summer trips for groups
- Plan, promote and deliver a series of regular seasonal sports tournaments
- Organise annual social events e.g. Halloween, Bar Crawls, Boat Party etc
Social Media & Community Management
- Facebook/instagram/twitter content creation and engagement
- Working to achieve clear targets to grow email/social audience on all platforms
- Manage all o?cial club Facebook groups via a tiered structure
- Manage all sponsor/partner relationships
- Love organising and delivering events (e.g. Social sec at University or as a hobby)
- Be a digital marketing enthusiast with experience of Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter
- Thrive working in an entrepreneurial environment where testing/learning is key to success
- Be a strong extrovert and comfortable presenting and organising large group
- Be highly organised and have a passion for Team Sports and Social Activities
What will they offer
- O?er a competitve salary and a generous holiday allowance
- Surround you with like-minded individuals on a mission to make life fun
- Provide awesome sta? social events
- Provide free ?tness/sports sessions every week outside the o?ce for the team
- Support you to grow and develop your events and marketing career
Apply for this role