Information on the company
Our client produces high quality business events. Their aim is to create a conference experience which is personal, which breathes quality and which represents absolute value for time and money.
Exciting Conference Producer Opportunity – Marketing, Social Media, Digital, HR, Communications
Be responsible for the creation and project management of an event from the very beginning! This exciting position producing conferences is for anyone who loves organising, researching, creative writing and who is a commercial, positive, ambitious, high-energy self-starter. You will be the creative force of the conference and will be in charge of shaping the agenda and speaker line-up.
This job role includes:
- Telephone and desk research into target markets, hot topics, key trends
- Writing sales-orientated agendas
- Writing copy for marketing campaigns
- Creating databases
- Influencing and recruiting speakers on the telephone and face-to-face
- Liaising and organising the speakers on the actual day of the conference
You will need to have:
- A minimum of 1 year’s work experience (no conference/event experience necessary)
- A professional, calm, courteous and friendly manner
- A commercial mind and determination to succeed
- An excellent eye for detail and good at proof reading
- A pro-active, positive and ‘can do’ attitude
- An ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Maturity, versatility and a good team player
- Problem solving, self-motivation and initiative
- A strong academic record. Minimum 2.1 degree required.
What will you be working on?
We believe in having rounded business people and portfolios – and in keeping things more interesting! So, instead of being stuck in the same industry, as a Conference Producer at GIC, your first two years will see you work on a variety of sectors and topics from:
- --Social media
- --Technology & digital innovation
- --Food & Drink
- --HR and Internal Comms
- --Charity & public sector
Who Are We? What Will We Offer You?
- Great Culture: Our team is the best thing about us – in a recent staff survey over 89% of the staff described our company culture as friendly, supportive and fast-paced.
- In-Depth Training: Our focus is on constant training, development, collaboration and innovation – you will be listened to and respected from day one and we will invest in your personal and professional development through formal training and mentoring.
- 3 Monthly Reviews: You will meet with your manager every 3 months to discuss your goals and progression and next steps up the career path.
- Lots Of Socials! We have fun together and like to celebrate our successes together with (to name but a few):
-wine down Thursdays -beer fridge Fridays
-conference of the quarter awards and lunches
-unmissable summer and Christmas parties
-feel good Fridays
-social nights and drinks for teams and the company
- Personal Development: Our Investment In People training programme covers non-role specific training such as financial wellbeing, time management etc for more rounded, holistic training.
- Recognition & Reward: We reward hard work and results and make innovation and creativity a key performance indicator.
- Employee Wellbeing: We care about our staff and so encourage healthy work/life balance and working hours. We also offer 25 days holiday from the start of your employment (plus 8 days bank holidays) – rest is important!
- Fair Practices & Charity Focus: We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we are passionate about charity work and making a difference in the world and so donate a percentage of our company profits to charity (which any team member can suggest).