Information on the company
Our client is a purpose driven business fighting food waste, they connect fruit and veg growers with conscious consumers with the single goal of reducing waste. They have created a new market for wonky and surplus fruits and vegetables by delivering them in a boz weekly to people's homes and offices. They are the largest UK wonky fruit and veg box scheme, delivering over 20,000 boxes a month. They have saved over 500,000 kgs of fresh produce from going to waste and as a result have been voted the UK's best fruit and veg scheme by the Independent They have grown significantly in 2019, and plan to be nationwide by 2020.
This is a 3 month internship offering £20K - £24K pro rata based in Mitcham, South London. There is the potential for this to be extended or turned into a permant role depending on performance
Day-to-day activities will
Recruiting an ambitious and dynamic junior analyst who can support the business teams in analysing, fixing and reporting on our current systems. They are looking for a pearfectly imperfect individual who wants to do good, and work with a bunch of extra’odd’inary individuals, who want to reduce food waste and leave the planet a far better place than the one right now.
- Supporting the experienced Product manager and working in the newly formed Data & Technology function
- The company uses a third-party US-based SaaS platform for managing their subscriptions and interacting with their customers. They recently migrated to this platform which has created gaps between their business model and the system model. They initially require someone to understand the system, work closely with the US-based SaaS team to collate, report and ensure the team there fix issues, whilst understanding and reporting on data patterns.
- You will also be responsible for understanding all the capabilities and reporting functionalities and producing the reports required to drive decision-making and improve customer experience
- Liasing with different teams across the business
- Quickly getting up to speed with our SaaS platform, understanding customer user experience, data storage and reports.
- Liaising between the UK teams and the US-based SaaS platform support teams to fix issues and test any bug fixes thoroughly
- Digging into customer data on the SaaS platform with a view to understand and derive operational and consumer behavioural patterns from available data.
- Designing, scoping and createingkey reports to ensure the all internal teams have access to insightful analytics across all areas of the business
- Understanding KPI requirements from different teams, identify data sources, compile KPIs on a regular basis
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications…
- You have a university degree eith a strong numerical and analytical focus (e.g. maths, engineering, physics, chemistry, economics)
- Advanced MS excel skills a must have
- SQL skills ideal but not a must have
- Passion for doing good, food watse, fresh produce, or technology
- You have a strong ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrating willingness to take ownership and accountabilit
- You have to very analytical, organised and structured
- Good listening and communications skills
- Has to be tenacious with a never give up attitude to problem solving
- With a natural eye for detail, has to have an interest in analysing data, identifying patterns and problems
- Desire to work within a fast paced, start-up style environment
Nice to have: Working knowledge of BI, data warehousing advantageous
What are the perks of working at this company?
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a sustainable challenger brand, helping reduce food waste one wonky carrot at a time.
- Free fresh fruits in the office
- Team lunch and team building events
- Discount on Oddbox fruit and veggies.
- Free tea and coffee
- Flexible working hours
- Employee perks via Perkbox (once role becomes permanent)
- Employee Cycle to work scheme (once role becomes permanent)