Title: Team Administrator | £22K - £24K | North West London
Role/Sector: Admin | Office manager | Customer services
Location: North London
Placement: Graduate job (permanent)
Salary: £23,000 (per annum)
Information on the company
This great company is a privately-owned mortgage broker with offices in London, Monaco & Dubai. They arrange finance for high net worth individuals and companies on a global scale - all of whom buy and sell properties in the UK and Europe.
They are a young and growing company with an excellent name in the market and an enviable list of clients.
This is a full-time Mortgage Team Administrator role to join our energetic team, to provide comprehensive administrative support to our sales teams, in order to maintain the smooth day-to-day running of their pipelines, with the idea to build to a team of 3 administrators.
Being an energetic and proactive multi-tasker, you will be responsible for coordinating the complete sales process between the broker, their client and various external third parties including lenders/private banks, BDMs, solicitors and surveyors. You’ll use your organisational, communication and inter-personal skills to establish and develop trusting, long-term relationships with all involved.
• Complete application submission process; AIP/DIP to Completion
• Handling highly confidential documentation
• Chasing and raising queries with third parties
• Interacting with HNW clients
• Ensuring file compliance is at a high standard
• Keeping client data up to date at all times during the process via our CRM (Hubspot)
• Updating the various parties to ensure applications are processed in a timely and accurate manner
• Ensuring internal processes and policies are followed
• Contributing to MI and company reporting
Skills and Experience:
• Used to working under pressure with critical deadlines
• Tenacious and courteous attitude
• Professional presentation and demeanour
• Excellent inter-personal, communication and relationship building skills with a friendly and approachable attitude
• A strong multi-tasker with good organisational and prioritisation skills
• Good time-management skills and proactive in day-to-day administration
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail whilst understanding the bigger picture
• A strong team player with ability to work on own initiative when required
• Respond to changing circumstances, be flexible and manage change within a dynamic environment
• Advanced PC skills, including Office 365 suite
• Excellent written and spoken English
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Be familiar with the mortgage brokering process
• Be familiar with mortgage compliance requirements
• Experience in dealing with high level clients and third parties over the phone and face to face.
• Additional languages desirable but not essential
With global locations set to increase over the coming months, we are a young, dynamic and fast-paced working environment.
We know that it’s people are its assets and offer a generous 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, company sick pay, salary sacrifice pension scheme and an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). You will enjoy regular company events and quarterly away days. Daily breakfast options provided, various refreshments and ‘late-hour’ incentives.
Culture is very important to us and we are selective on who we offer positions to. After all, we spend more time together than we do apart, so expect to be interviewed by several managers or peers, and you may be asked to have a coffee with some of the team.