Information on the company
A healthcare organisation responsible for the successful management and delivery of healthcare services provided to millions of people living in North East London, ensuring local residents receive high quality, modern and sustainable healthcare services.
This is a graduate level 6 month maternity cover role
The post holder will undertake the Office Manager role for the Haringey office and will also provide a Personal Assistant service to the Directors
The role will also be required to provide general administrative support to Haringey and Islington healthcare collaborations ’ Joint Executive Management Team’s senior directors.
The post holder is key to ensuring the efficient and effective running of Haringey office, and is a key member of the Business Support Team. Organisation of meetings, advance preparation and minute taking are an important part of the post holder’s responsibilities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Acting as a first point of contact for all enquiries relating to office management including space planning, health and safety, training and IT.
- Being the central point of contact for the office, and advising, referring, prioritising and dealing with requests and problem solving as appropriate. This requires dealing with the public and staff at all levels including clinicians.
- Responsible for developing effective management systems for the group include retrieval of information, filing, bring forward, message taking, meeting paper preparation and database management.
- Ensuring appropriate hospitality is available and provided for visitors to the office, organising meeting accommodation as appropriate.
- Line manage and be responsible for the Receptionist & Administration Assistant, leading any necessary one to one meetings to manage their workload and delegate to them as appropriate.
- Lead on implementation of administrative policies and procedures, and propose changes to current practices/procedures if required
- To establish an effective communication system – creating and maintaining a database of key contacts, including stakeholders.
- To be responsible for the office management budget and ensuring that stationery and other stock and non-stock items are ordered as required
- To manage and ensure the efficient running of ICT within the office and liaise with the IT Service Desk when necessary.
- Be the lead for certain office-wide projects and lead on the management of the tasks.
- Ensure that health and safety standards are maintained and resolve or escalate issues as required, e.g. carry out DSE Workstation Risk assessments for staff, ensuring that sufficient records kept
- Work collaboratively with the Business Support team members in Islington group, providing cross cover when necessary.
- To provide secretarial duties and administrative support as requested by the Directors
- Provide accurate and timely electronic diary management for the Director of Planning, Performance and Delivery and Director of Acute Commissioning
- Organising meetings including preparing agenda, minutes and presentations. Photocopying and distributing where/ when necessary.
- Maintain an effective “bring forward” system, ensuring that adequate and appropriate papers are available in advance of meetings.
- To maintain and update comprehensive electronic and paper filing systems, including confidential staff files.
- Attend team and inter-department meetings, prepare agendas, take minutes, edit and distribute.
- Book venues and catering for such events.
- Work alongside other PAs within the organisation in order to provide an effective network of communication, and provide cross-cover for other PAs when required.
Key requirements of the role:
- To identify and fulfil personal training and development needs as agreed with Line Manager.
- To attend mandatory training courses as stipulated for the role.
- Graduate level role
- Significant administrative/ secretarial experience including initiating and maintaining office systems.
- Demonstrable experience in dealing with the public and dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Intermediate knowledge of IT systems and software programmes such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of Confidentiality and Data Protection Act
- Excellent organisation and personal workload management
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Clear communicator with excellent writing, data entry and presentation skills: capable of constructing and delivering clear information/ instructions to staff and service users
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy working environment and able to multi-task