Information on the company
This outstanding London-based innovation agency creates human-centred digital products. They specialise in Product Strategy, UX Design and Web App Development. The team use research and user testing to develop their clients product for the marketplace, taking projects from planning through to end product, improve and expand an existing application, or provide support and maintenance services. They work with startups, large enterprises, charities and government bodies to create digital products that are technically sound, human-centred and designed to help them succeed.
The Junior Project Manager role is the ideal position if you want to start or have recently started a career in Digital/IT Project Management.
What is it like being a Junior Project Manager at this great agency?
Being a Junior Project Manager is about analytical thinking, attention to detail, communication, taking charge and reliability. It is about helping Product Manager deliver great digital products for our clients on time and budget, by practising Agile and Lean methodologies.
Key responsibilities of the role;
- Participate in client meetings, continuously communicate with clients, and manage their expectations.
- Be involved in requirements gathering; write user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Run daily team meetings, explain requirements to developers, be available to answer any questions.
- Make sure that software deliverables meet client and quality requirements by continuously testing features.
- Keep project plans/boards up to date; monitor project estimates versus actuals.
- Prepare project documents, for example, training materials, diagrams.
- Look after the support operations during the Support Manager absence, including looking after any issues and requests that come through support desk across multiple projects.
Key requirements of the role:
- Educated to degree level (1st or upper second class).
- Interested in a career in Project Management in a technical environment.
- Interested in technology and user experience.
- Impeccable communication skills - written and verbal.
- Assertiveness - you need to communicate politely and confidently.
- Analytical mind - you will need to analyse and solve problems.
- Superb organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work across a diverse number of projects and keep within tight deadlines.
- Ability to take the initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Experience in Digital Project Management/BA/QA or related role would be an advantage (but it is not essential).
As a team member, you should also be:
- Great teammate - we appreciate and always help each other.
- Acting with integrity - we value honesty and doing the right thing.
- Smart – we are critically thinking individuals who can problem solve and learn new industries as well as concepts easily.
- Dedicated to quality - whether it is a good user experience or robust code, we never cut corners.
- Hard-working – when it comes to getting stuff done, we like to roll up our sleeves.
- Fun – we like to laugh, socialise and build lasting friendships with your colleagues.
What do they offer in return?
- Fantastic career development opportunities
- Friendly, smart and hard-working team.
- Central London location (Islington - Angel).
- 25 days holidays (+bank holidays).
- Medical insurance.
- Gym membership.
- Full kitchen facilities.
- Free fruits, snacks and beverages.
- Roof terrace for hot summer days.
- Free bar to unwind after a busy week.
- £24K-£35K per year (depending on relevant work experience).
They are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.