Information on the company
An independent online business specialising in fine art, allowing their users to search and access fine art prints from old masters to contemporary. Over the last 8 years this company have built partnerships with over 180 leading galleries in the UK and USA.
This is a 3 month internship paying £1,100 per month with the potential to convert to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the company to take over much of the marketing work required, focusing on digital marketing, content writing, email marketing and analytics.
Tasks you can expect to be responsible or include:
- Creatively try new marketing ideas to raise the brand awareness amongst buyers of fine art prints.
- Write content for regular newsletters which go out to the company database.
- Use Mail Chimp and produce regular email marketing campaigns, analysing click through and open rates to optimise these send outs and increase the website traffic.
- Use Photoshop (or similar) to create regular social media posts and images.
- Manage the company’s social media channels.
- Follow, connect with and comment on art gallery’s social media channels to increase traffic to the website.
- Create and launch Facebook advertising campaigns.
- Use Hootsuite or Tweet Deck to set-up social media marketing campaigns.
- Work with the company database to segment and better use the company’s contacts for marketing purposes.
- Perform competitor analysis and review how other online galleries promote themselves.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications are:
The ideal candidate is a recent graduate interested to develop a successful career in marketing and an interest in art would be beneficial too.
Desired skills, experience and personality:
- Educated to degree level.
- Prior experience or education in marketing.
- Knowledge of Photoshop or Illustrator.
- A creative individual able to come up with new ideas and comfortable trying them out.
- Someone comfortable
- Working knowledge of Hootsuite, Tweet Deck would be a big bonus.
- Knowledge of google analytics would be a bonus.
- Fluency in French or German would be a bonus but not a pre-requisite.
- An interest in Art would be a bonus but not a pre-requisite.
What are the perks of working at this company?
- This is an exciting time to join the business, now in its 8th year, as they look to expand into new territories and with new galleries.
- This is a small growing business and as such gives you the opportunity to make your mark in a growing business whilst developing your marketing experience.