Information on the company
This is a brilliant and unique opportunity to join a fast-growing, dynamic young company, that has sold its innovative Yoga products to over 80 countries within 3 years of the launch! They are dedicated to what they do, which is to create meaningful products that truly enhance people’s lives, and are made in an ethical way. Working within the wellness industry, and specifically within the Yoga community, they strive to make better things by challenging the norm. Maintaining a socially responsible outlook and committing to good business ethics, both internally and externally, is at the forefront of every decision they make. The future prospects for the company provide an amazing opportunity for growth within this entrepreneurial company atmosphere.
This is a full-time job opportunity. Salary: £18k - £20k depending on experience.
Key responsibilities of the role:
We are looking for an ambitious and talented Junior Designer to join our young and vibrant company in a digital focused, graphic design role. Based in North West London, you will be assisting our designer in the creation of all digital, print and marketing materials for the brand. We’re looking for someone to grow and develop within our team who is willing to learn and has an eagle eye for detail.
The focus of the role is on all digital marketing including our all social media, blog and web assets, and e-newsletters. There may also be ad-hoc project based design tasks including branding, packaging and web design. There may be opportunity to get more involved in photoshoots, video editing, product design and UX design as the role progresses.
Day-to-day activities will include:
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
- Supporting the Graphic Designer and Marketing Team through concept, design and creation of all digital and print design projects
- Image sourcing for our blog and social channels
- Image preparation for social media assets including colour correction and retouching
- All digital banners including for our website and remarketing
- Monthly E-newsletters
- Internal brand documents including price lists and look books
You will be:
- Detail oriented with an excellent grasp of layouts, composition and typography
- Confident working in digital design with an interest in developing these skills further
- A collaborative team player but also able to work independently
- A clear communicator with the ability to implement constructive feedback
- A creative problem solver
- An organised file manager
- Able to contribute coherently to creative brainstorming activities and internal meetings
- Able to work to visual guidelines and create assets that have a clear brand aesthetic
- Able to develop the branding as the company grows and establish new visual guidelines as necessary
You will have:
- A degree in Graphic Design.
- A strong portfolio with digital and print design that demonstrates great layout skills and creativity
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Good technical knowledge with experience designing for digital formats including mobile and social media
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to multi-task across various projects ensuring that deadlines are met
- A good understanding of current design trends
- The aptitude to proof-read work, ensuring there
What are the perks of working at this company?
- Experience with Mailchimp, Sketch, Premiere Pro and After Effects is beneficial but not required
- Interest in yoga and well-being and/or environmental conservation
- Modern, spacious and convenient office in a popular and accessible part of North West London
- Healthy office environment with organic fruit and healthy refreshments provided
- Working with a young dynamic team in a fast-growing start-up business
- Working for a socially responsible and eco-friendly company
- Real hands-on experience, responsibility and the opportunity to learn, develop and thrive.
- Encouragement to truly contribute, challenge norms and set new standards. If you have the right enthusiasm and integrity, you will be provided with exciting ways to be part of shaping the future of our ambitious company
- A very sociable office environment with regular work social events
- Encouragement of a good work-life balance.
Apply for this role