Information on the company
Our client is an investment firm undertaking principal investing and fund management activities.
They manage a number of external assets and invest their own capital on behalf of their shareholders across a range of investment strategies.
They have an experienced team of investment and fund management professionals and very strong middle and back office capabilities.
Investment Analyst - £25,000 + Discretionary Bonus
Market Harborough - 1 hour train from Kings Cross, 40 mins from Nottingham.
How you can expect to spend your day
You will join the company as a market insight and investment analyst.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and undertake include:
The ideal candidate's personality and qualifications:
- Examine and assess investment opportunities to determine suitable investment strategies.
- Learn how to identify and offer advice on potential investment opportunities and deals.
- Maintain records of investment advice and analysis.
- Develop complex financial models and advisory reports.
- As a member of the company’s investment team you will contribute to the general development of the company.
- To complete documentation and reports as required by senior members of the team.
- Attend client meetings as required.
- As this is a relatively small team you will need to cover for other staff when they are absent.
- To undertake other tasks within the organisation as required.
This role most suits a recent graduate interested in financial services, wealth management and the investment sector. Someone who would be excited to join an entrepreneurial environment and very successful private wealth management firm.
Desired skills, education and personality:
- Educated to degree level.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- A degree related to Business and Economics would be a bonus.
- Solid understanding of financial set-up, procedures, statistics and economics would be suitable.
- Previous experience of working in a business or investment management environment would be beneficial.
- Time management skills and ability to organise own work.
- Excellent numeric and communication skills.
- Team player.