Title: Sales and Digital Marketing Internship - £20K - VC Backed Start Up - London
Industry: Creative industries
Role/Sector: Marketing | Business development | Sales
Location: North London
Placement: Internship (going permanent)
Duration: 3 months
Salary: £20,000 (per annum)
Information on the company
A highly successful VC backed brand who look to enhance people’s lives by making premium quality mattresses that are affordable and hassle-free to order. The company have sold tens of thousands of mattresses across Europe and North America, have successfully IPO’d with a company valuation over £100m and now expanding into other products related to getting a great night’s sleep. After three years, the company have grown to almost 100 members of staff and are one of the UK’s fasted growing start-ups.
This is a 3 month internship paying £20,000 pro-rata with the intention of converting to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
This is a brilliant opportunity for an entrepreneurial graduate, to join a fast growth and innovative UK start-up already operating in multiple countries. This will be an incredible learning experience for commercially minded or business focused graduates who see themselves starting their own business one day.
This internship will provide a great opportunity to learn about building a successful email marketing campaign, how to use email marketing software, the analytics behind this and targeted content creation, all of which with the sole focus of building new business opportunity.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and undertake include:
• Work closely with one of the Co-Founders and the Chief Commercial Officer to develop a successful expansion strategy which will continue the company’s growth into new regions of the UK and international markets too.
• As directed you will develop a target list of companies based on specific criteria, through internet based research and lead generation agencies.
• Work closely with the email marketing team to smartly target these new contacts, testing different methods and styles which can include template design, time of delivery, promotional offers and so on.
• Collate any warm leads or responses and pass these to the Sales Team to contact with a view to making the sale.
• The hard tasks of compiling a strong lead database and then managing those leads along with the more creative email marketing side of the role.
• Other ad hoc duties as required.
Desired skills, experience and personality:
• Educated to degree level with a minimum 2.1 degree.
• A business focused graduate eager to learn about business development and can see themselves one day starting their own company.
• A strong interest to learn about how to increase a growing company’s user base through smart and engaging digital marketing techniques.
• Eager to learn about email marketing strategy.
• An outgoing and tenacious character who will bring a positive approach to the job.
• A good level of analysis and numeracy is useful for understanding the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns.
• Willing to adapt and pick up new techniques.
• A clear, concise and confident communicator.
• Any prior experience using email marketing software e.g. Mail Chimp would be a bonus as would any prior digital marketing experience.
The company are looking for grafters; self-starters who can keep up with the pace and want to make a difference. The team is still relatively small so there's no room for coasting along. The office environment is friendly, happy and most importantly, hard working. If you're ambitious, excel at what you do and you want to help fuel the company’s continued success, then this could be the role for you.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
• This is an amazing time to join the business as it’s still in start-up phase but the product is already being sold both in the UK and abroad, with recent investment the company is set to expand rapidly.
• Work in very creative and cool office space with a subsidised café space and other creative businesses in the building.