Information on the company
Our client is a nationwide accounting-contractors company. They have over 200 employees providing accountancy support for contractors, freelancers and self-employed professional over a wide range of industries and sectors.
This is a full-time Graduate position based in Warrington. The starting salary is £18,000 - £25,000.
How can you expect to spend your day?
To produce accurate accounts in line with business procedures and statutory requirements.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Prepare statutory and non-statutory accounts. This will include manual preparation of accounts and supporting tax computations for customers requiring year end and cessation accounts.
- Ensure the submission of statutory information to Companies House and HMRC within the required deadlines.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
- Assist in the preparation of Self-Assessment Tax returns.
- Manage populations to ensure Service Level Agreements are achieved.
- Undertake ad-hoc clean-up or other projects, meeting targets set at the start of the project.
- Undertake projects to support the year end accounts activity.
- Any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the business as and when required.
- Suggest process improvements necessary to the role. Have a clear understanding of the administration process undertaken by the Compliance Team as a whole.
- Ensure that you have a thorough understanding of the business products currently offered to customers and demonstrate the ability to keep up to date with changes as and when required.
- Develop areas of specialism to enable you to provide specialise legal services in that area to the client.
- To provide training to the Legal Team and other teams within the wider business as a whole as required.
The Accounts Assistant will report to the Accounts Team Leader. Although it is recognised that the role holder will at times be required to communicate directly with the customer in order to meet deadlines, wherever possible contact should be made via the Customer Services Team. It is also recognised that the role holder will have daily interactions with agencies, clients and the company’s staff.
What are the ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
- Educated to at least GCSE Grade C or equivalent in Mathematics and English. AAT qualified with preference given to candidates who have, or are studying towards their ACCA qualification.
- Have worked for an accountancy practice with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
- Should be able to work on own initiative and also as part of a team.
- Experience of preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations, specifically Sales Ledger and VAT.
- Should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- An ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- An ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines and targets.
What are the perks of working at this company?
- The company will sponsor your education with a view to helping you learn and experience working in the different divisions within the company whether that’s tax, law, accounts or customer service divisions.
- You can expect to join a friendly, growing team with great prospects!
- 15% companywide annual bonus
- 5% pension
- Free parking
- Potential for study aid also £2-3K per annum