Information on the company
There’s never been a better time to join this technology start-up, committed to enabling fairer access to top jobs and universities for young people from less privileged backgrounds.
They are working with three pioneering graduate employers this year and have ambitious growth target’s for next year that are backed by their prestigious investors.
Having recently won a £50k innovation award from Nesta and the Open Data Institute, they are now looking to grow their team!
This is a graduate job based in East London, starting salary: £25,000
A typical day would be:
You will need to use your coding/data skills to improve access to jobs and university using Python, Flask, and PostgreSQL. As a Junior Developer, you’ll work on:
- Work on the software stack
- Use agile techniques to run sprints – rapid small iterations
- Shape the technology around the business requirements
- Plan, develop, present and build on the current product, with support from technical and nontechnical teammates
- Help implement and oversee technical best practice
- Play your part in guiding the business forwards
- We are a fast growing and dynamic team, so you will be in a prime position to shape the role in line as you and the business develop.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
- Have planned and developed technical projects
- Are comfortable with large (but not massive) datasets
- Are a selfstarter, with a passion for problem solving
- Can work independently and as part of a diverse team
- Can communicate technical concepts and instructions to your nontechnical
- Colleagues and clients
- Familiar with agile roles
Technically, it is essential you have:
- Fullstack development experience
- Python server-side knowledge
- Strong software engineering fundamentals: design, testing, version control
It would be an added bonus if you have experience with:
- Design and building RESTful APIs
- Parsing messy datasets
- PostgreSQL and SQLAlchemy
- Integrating products with legacy systems
- Visualisation packages (e.g. D3JS)
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- Flexible working - the opportunity to work semi remotely/London based/remote
- Competitive salary
- The chance to tackle an important social challenge that, together, we can help solve
- Excellent career opportunities in an ambitious and growing social business? either on a contractor/freelance basis or for full-time employment. A fabulous team – with a fun, flexible and friendly working environment.