Information on the company
Our client is a premium male-focused publisher, devoted to producing 100% original content across areas including sport, politics, entertainment and culture.
With a rapidly growing and highly engaged social audience of over 10 million, it prides itself on its continuous investment into journalism and its passion for creating entertaining, enlightening and inspiring content that people want to share with their friends.
They launched in the UK in 2015 – ranked the fastest growing media company in Europe by the Financial Times in 2017.
This is a 6month paid internship offering up to £22K pro rata, followed by a permanent role all being well.
How you can expect to spend your day:
This role involves working with all departments in the company, including content creation, video production, editorial and client services. The growing Social team is responsible for audience growth, creating dynamic written, graphic and live social content, planning and development and is involved with a range of marketing activities.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
- Creating regular and engaging content formats that resonate strongly with the businesses audience
- Managing social channels day-to-day, maximising traffic and viral opportunities with time-relevant posting around TV and sport events
- Managing social media competitions - picking and contacting winners via social platforms
- Monitoring and developing reports on competitor activity on social platforms
- Working with other departments to develop social media timelines coinciding with product releases, campaigns and brand activity
- Monitoring social trends to help the company continue to innovate and be a market leader
- Excellent knowledge of social media space, especially Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter
- Good writing skills with ability to edit and proofread
- General internet and computer software proficiency
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, work under pressure and to deadlines
- Being a big sports fan and having strong sporting knowledge is an advantage
- Keen interest in popular culture, music and entertainment