Information on the company
Our client is a premium male-focused publisher, devoted to producing 100% original content across areas including sport, politics, entertainment and culture. They have a rapidly growing audience, and pride themselves on their continuous investment in journalism.
This is a 6month paid internship offering up to £22K pro rata, followed by a permanent role all being well.
How you can expect to spend your day:
This role involves working with all departments in the company, including content creation, video production, editorial and client services. The growing Social team is responsible for audience growth, creating dynamic written, graphic and live social content, planning and development and is involved with a range of marketing activities.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
- Creating regular and engaging content formats that resonate strongly with the businesses audience
- Managing social channels day-to-day, maximising traffic and viral opportunities with time-relevant posting around TV and sport events
- Managing social media competitions - picking and contacting winners via social platforms
- Monitoring and developing reports on competitor activity on social platforms
- Working with other departments to develop social media timelines coinciding with product releases, campaigns and brand activity
- Monitoring social trends to help the company continue to innovate and be a market leader
- Excellent knowledge of social media space, especially Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter
- Good writing skills with ability to edit and proofread
- General internet and computer software proficiency
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, work under pressure and to deadlines
- Being a big sports fan and having strong sporting knowledge is an advantage
- Keen interest in popular culture, music and entertainment
Apply for this role