Information on the company
Inspiring Interns is the UK’s leading graduate recruitment agency. We’ve placed over 6,000 candidates at the country’s leading businesses including M&C Saatchi Mobile, Skype, OK Magazine, King.com, Hailo, Easyjet, and Lloyds.
This is a permanent position with a starting salary of £20-£25K plus commission.
How can your intern expect to spend their day?
You will join the Account Management Team responsible for managing relationships with the company’s clients and ensuring they receive a professional and smooth experience hiring graduates from Inspiring Interns. The key function of this role is to work with the talent acquisition team to match and put forward the best graduates for each company’s requirements, managing the whole process from candidate submission through to filling the vacancy.
The office environment and company culture is a lively/ social one which you’ll
Tasks interns can expect to learn about and undertake include:
Tell us about the ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
- Developing strong working knowledge of the company customer relationship management system (Bullhorn) and internal processes.
- Learn how to perform in depth candidate searches through the internal database and external resources (e.g. Linked In, job boards such as Reed).
- Develop a professional tone of communication when dealing with both companies/ hiring managers and candidates, understanding the difference in approach with both.
- Develop a good understanding of a wide range of industries and the various role requirements within these industries to best match candidates with companies.
- Work with the Business Development team to fully understand each client’s company culture, role requirements and use this knowledge to deliver an effective and efficient service.
- Support senior account managers on sourcing/ selecting the best graduates based on each company’s individual criteria and requirements.
- Throughout the 3 month internship you will be expected to develop into an account manager in your own right with the view to taking on your own clients, attending client meetings and making placements unaided.
The ideal candidate for this internship is someone who thrives working in a team environment but also towards personal goals. Someone looking to develop a professional career in account management and client services would be a great fit.
Desired skills, experience and personality:
What was the last person in this job doing now?
- Educated to degree level.
- 6 months relevant experience working in account management, recruitment, or sales.
- Strong written and verbal command of English.
- A natural team player who works well with others.
- A driven, motivated character eager to succeed in everything they do and show initiative when faced with new challenges.
- Confidence when dealing with a range of different people e.g. CEO’s of businesses and applying candidates.
- Awareness of UK higher education and the graduate landscape would be beneficial; but not essential.
- An organised and proactive candidate will thrive in this role.
An account manager developing within the business, working on larger accounts, gaining business negotiation skills and earning a competitive salary.
What are the perks of interning at our company?
A fully stocked fridge, regular company socials, plenty of chat, and always having a giggle in the office. The working environment is fun yet professional with music playing and great people yet a focus on getting the job done well and on time!
You’ll also get the chance to be part of a fast-growing company not afraid to ignore conventional wisdom. Work socials are the norm; with company nights out, team lunches and epic Christmas parties! You’ll not only be getting a bunch of new colleagues but great mates too!
In short this internship will help you gain a thorough understanding of Inspiring Interns’ unique recruitment process as well developing valuable client liaison skills applicable to any Account Management role.
This is the perfect opportunity for a candidate looking for an introduction into the workforce with an exciting company, with a work hard play hard attitude!
If you're interested in applying for this position, please send your CV to Zoe Wakeham (email@example.com).