Information on the company
This commercially minded yet not-for-profit body aims to improve the nation's health by encouraging people to be more active! They provide services and facilitate partnerships for a broad range of organisations.
Our client exists to serve any organisation with a role to play in, or benefit to be gained from getting more people, more active, more often. They will provide a supportive, professional and innovative platform for their partners to succeed in achieving their goals.
This opportunity offers London Living Wage from day one, £9.15/hour.
A typical day would be:
The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of the sales strategy and all membership facing activity as directed by the Sales Manager. The business has built up a membership base which includes health and fitness operators, suppliers, training partners, individuals and many broader stakeholders.
- This role relies on excellent communication and organisational skills. Knowledge of the sector and experience of telesales would be an advantage but is not a pre requisite
- Accountable for data management of membership information on the membership software system.
- Researching potential prospects using the internet, CRM and databases, developing an assessment of the needs of the prospect, the organisation structure and decision makers, and potential for the business to assist them.
- Make outbound telephone calls to prospective members to ensure smooth transition to membership.
- Take incoming telephone calls requesting information, literature and demonstrations.
- Producing application forms, emails and collateral as requested by the Sales team.
- Handle the processing of membership applications, working with the Finance department
- Support Operations Dept. on campaigns and events where required.
Candidate’s personality and qualifications:
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, Word and the Internet as a research tool.
- Ability to undertake research and then communicate findings in an appropriate, written and verbal form.
- Delivering tasks on time, that meet (and exceed) expectations
- Communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities.
- A keenness to learn.
- Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery.
- Good communicator.
- Must be personable, proficient in written and verbal communication and exhibit confidence.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent planning & time management
- Ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Ability to use initiative in challenging circumstances.
- Seeks and takes on responsibility.
- Analytical skills to assess the success of the membership programme and benefits
- Ability to manage budgets
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- Good central location.
- OTE scheme.
- Free membership at Fitness First for staff who join the company on a permanent basis!
Apply for this role