Title: Programme Manager | £19K - £22K | Central London
Role/Sector: Project management | Account management | Finance | Business development
Location: Central London
Placement: Internship (going permanent)
Duration: 3 months
Salary: £19,000 - 22,000 (per annum)
Information on the companyOur client is a global information business providing essential B2B information to global and specialist markets, in particular providing price discovery, market intelligence and events across their segments. The group’s businesses include Euromoney, Fastmarkets, Institutional Investor, BCA Research, Ned Davis Research and a variety of specialist information and publishing brands
How you expect the candidate to spend their day:
Two days are rarely the same, as the role has a heavy project and ad-hoc support focus.
• Work with stakeholders in the LRS team, the other central functions (Finance, Technology, HR) and commercial divisions to track and deliver tasks for a number of projects at a time;
• Co-ordinate and delegate to internal, external and vendor resources to ensure project delivery;
• Track budgets and spend in managed projects;
• Support internal communications, including announcements and intranet pages;
• Track and report on progress and performance of the project and project deliverables;
• Manage and report risks and issues identified throughout the project;
• Co-ordinate the Supplier Assurance Process, and provide ad-hoc support for suppliers going through the process.
The role will also support various steering committees and working groups with minute and action taking.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
The candidate needs to be versatile, open to new opportunities and willing to take initiative. The role has quite a wide remit with a lot of autonomy, and there is scope for a candidate to really make it their own. The candidate also needs to be happy to take on additional responsibility from new projects and other parts of the business as and when they are needed.
The candidate also needs to be very well organised with good planning skills, and have a good written and verbal communication skills with senior and non-senior stakeholders.
No formal qualifications are needed, but Prince II or equivalent would be useful.
What are the perks of working at this company?
There is a real entrepreneurial spirit and autonomy across the group that gives employees the chance to explore and expand their role where it interests them. There is also a relaxed culture, with no dress code and flexible working policies.
We are also a very diverse company, and working here gives you exposure to a wide range of industries, and sectors within those industries. It’s a great way to learn what makes these industries tick.
It is also a global group, which will give you the opportunity to work with employees from New York to Hong Kong
Finally, the office is in a great location, just off Fleet Street and within walking distance of Temple and St. Pauls.
Questions for applicants to think about:
Are you independent and understand priorities and deadlines?
Do you work well with others?
Are you organised and able to stick to a plan?
Can you be flexible and take initiative?