Title: Operations Associate | £25K - £28K | Central London
Role/Sector: Operations | Customer services | Marketing | Admin
Location: Central London
Placement: Graduate job (permanent)
Salary: £25,000 (per annum)
Information on the company
We are a new disruptive fintech building the pension of the future. We’re dragging the multi-trillion pound pension industry out of the dark ages by constantly innovating to de-mystify pensions, make them universally accessible, engaging and exciting & help everyone save enough for later life. We have over £2 million in funding and are backed by from some of the world’s most successful fintech investors & entrepreneurs. We are already FCA regulated and currently provide a digital pension to freelancers. This is Step 1 in a long journey to be the new face of pensions in the UK and overseas.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, process driven people person with buckets of initiative to be the second member of our commercial team. The “commercial team” is everything that happens in the business other than product development. That includes Customer support & operations, marketing, partnerships, and growth. You’ll work directly with for the founders and be given a lot of responsibility very quickly, but whilst some business experience will be very helpful, we care about your abilities and attitude more than your experience.
Here’s some of the stuff you’ll be doing:
• Being the face of the company to our customers by answering their questions and reaching out them via e-mail, online chat and sometimes in person, & building a 5-star customer experience
• Helping customers get the most out of us by explaining different features to them, and hand-holding them through different user journeys (like signing up)
• Translate our customers’ needs and problems into suggested product improvements for the rest of the team. If customers keep asking you how much it costs to use us, how can we make our pricing clearer?
• Design, document, implement and improve new operational processes that help make a great customer experience while reducing the burden on our technical team – for example if we help a user track down an old pension pot, how can we do it more efficiently next time? How can we do this when we have 100 thousand customers? A million?
• Manage relationships with different suppliers – from our PR agency to our content writers, you’ll make sure they have what they need and deliver what they promise.
• Help us build our network of accountants and partners who market our company to their customers – find them, meet them, empower them.
• Help with a wide range of day to day business needs, pitching in wherever is needed, and generally wearing a lot of exciting hats as a one of the companies first 10 employees
• Enjoy dealing with customers, and have a genuine desire to make them happy
• Be able to communicate in a team with clarity and confidence both verbally and written, with strong skills in Microsoft Office / G-Suite
• Be highly organised with strong attention to detail (You love making lists)
• Be comfortable in working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work to deadlines and juggle multiple, often changing priorities
• Be able to switch between tasks and stay cool under pressure (or when interrupted by an urgent customer query)
• Have an interest in helping companies grow, fast, through marketing, sales, or both
• Be comfortable and excited by very quickly taking total ownership of your projects, run meetings by yourself, and manage your own relationships with customers and suppliers.
• Be enthusiastic, motivated and eager to learn
• Find the idea of working for an early stage tech startup really exciting
• Care about our mission to keep an entire generation out of poverty in retirement
• Be prepared to work hard!
We’re not looking for unicorns. We’re looking for smart, hardworking & energetic people who get stuff done & we’re really committed to building a diverse team. So if you’re excited about what we’re doing, get in touch – don’t be put off if you don’t tick every box!
We’re working hard to create a working environment where people feel empowered to do their very best work, make a big impact, end enjoy what they do.
Right now we’re still a small team, but we’re well funded and growing rapidly. As one of our very first employees you’ll not only have a huge say in defining our culture & what it’s like to work here, but you’ll have uncapped opportunities for progression, learning and exposure to different areas of the business.
• A competitive salary. Reviewed regularly (more than once a year) to make sure you’re always getting what you deserve
• Meaningful share options (You’ll own a part of the company and share in our success)
• A 10% Pension contribution each month that you don’t need to match (on top of your salary)
• 33 days holiday per year (including 8 bank holidays) & the option to take more.
• Free tea, coffee, soft drinks and craft beer
• Free company lunch every Friday
• All the equipment you need to do your job (that you can take home with you)
• The option to buy a bike tax free, and spread the cost over several months (cycle to work scheme)
• Annual company retreat somewhere awesome
We work from a private office at Uncommon Borough, a large co-working space full of other awesome tech startups and more plants than a garden centre. Uncommon has their own exercise studio for free weekly Yoga and HIIT classes, a discounted office masseuse & beauty squad, weekly Thursday drinks & Tuesday teatime, bike racks, showers, an excellent café, and a whole bunch of communal spaces you can work from when you need a change (including a roof terrace).
We’re 6 minutes walk from London Bridge station & borough market (and 30 seconds walk from Borough station).