Title: Trade Finance Analyst | £30K | Central London
Role/Sector: Finance | Analyst
Location: Central London
Placement: Graduate job (permanent)
Salary: £30,000 (per annum)
Information on the company
Our purpose is to create economic and social value by facilitating and promoting the most sustainable, efficient and cost-effective movement of products across our global supply chain. Our services include the physical trading of sugar, ingredients, and packaging, as well as the provision of value added service such as: Logistics and Stock Management; our Sustainable Supply Programme – Vive; Price Risk Management; Market Analysis; Financing; and Corporate Finance.
We are a dynamic and entrepreneurial company, with innovation and technology at the heart of everything we do. And as a company which operates without physical assets, our people are at the heart of everything we do – we hope that you will want to join our team to help us realise our vision of becoming the world’s leading supply chain, pricing and financing services company.
In this role you will be working closely with the Trade Finance team and other internal departments in supporting the Company’s finance requirements globally in a timely and efficient manner.
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Loan management – draw downs, rolls and repayments in co-ordination with accounts, Treasury and house banks.
• Work closely with banks to obtain competitive pricing of Letter of Credits and negotiation of documents in an efficient manner.
• Structuring funding with banks for the new business ensuring that it aligns specifically with the trade.
• Manage, monitor the finance required for the Company’s sugar held in warehouse including co-ordination with Clients and Traders.
• Work closely with Treasury and Trade Finance colleagues to enable efficient daily utilization of finance.
• Good understanding of insurance cover, existing bank facilities to enable finance of trades.
• Process and monitor existing business flows of payables/receivables. Following up any outstanding payments for prompt settlement from buyers.
• Monitor and support the short and medium term funding requirements for the company’s local branches structuring to meet their specific requirements of local subsidiaries with local bank facilities and keep record of these positions
• Full awareness of Company’s sanctions policies.
• To review and negotiate bank facilities and facility addendums.
• To be fully conversant with the Employee Handbook and supporting policies, including Health and Safety legislation and fire and emergency procedures.
• To take responsibility for your performance and to work together to achieve our organizational goals.
• To attend training courses which are identified as being necessary for the performance of the role.
• To comply with any reasonable instruction issued by your Manager.
• Changes in the business may occasionally require alterations in this job description and these will be agreed with the post holder as appropriate.
We are looking for someone with the following skillset and attributes:
• Finance/Economics education (Masters desirable) .
• Understanding of International Banking and Finance.
• Microsoft Office skills.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Good problem solving skills.
Focused and highly motivated.
• Ability to prioritise, work efficiently, accurately and to strict deadlines.
Team player working closely with colleagues.
• Language skills.