Information on the company
Our Client are a unique accredited education provider. Their extensive portfolio covers educational travel for schools, colleges and universities, English language schools for adult and junior students in the UK, Canada and USA, sixth form colleges, university pathway programmes and TESOL teacher training courses.
They are quality focused, with a strong desire to lead in their market sectors. They are dedicated, enthusiastic and like-minded, with a genuine interest in what they do.
The successful candidate will work in our Finance department and report to the Finance Manager. They will assist in the smooth running of the department by providing bookkeeping support through regular daily, weekly and monthly tasks as well as ad-hoc administrative duties as required.
The position is within a fast growing company and therefore the utmost flexibility is required as adjustments to the main duties may be necessary as the role progresses.
- Sort, code and post supplier invoices to the accounting system on a daily basis
- Bank posting and reconciliation
- Posting and reconciling inter-company transactions and raising recharge invoices to subsidiaries
- Processing of fixed asset, prepayment and accrual journals
- Monthly reconciliation of stock balances, for example lunch vouchers, travel cards
- Preparation of weekly and assistance with supplier payment runs
- Cash and cheque banking
- Maintenance of petty cash records and monthly reconciliations for centres
- Credit card reconciliations
- Process Concur expenses within Sage and follow up with
- Supplier statement management and filing
- General ledger maintenance and reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Preparation and distribution of key reports at month end summarising spend against budgets, for example, Marketing, Departmental P&Ls, Central overheads
- Provide support to management and the business to help understand financial results and commentary on any variances
- Responsibility for including working with agents and individuals to collect outstanding debts
- Preparation of weekly credit control reports and attend fortnightly meetings with department heads
- Maintain the integrity of the financial reporting from the internal management system
- Any other general administrative or bookkeeping support as required
Skills and personal qualities
- Degree educated
- Intermediate Excel
- Good written and verbal communication
- Able to juggle tasks and manage time efficiently
- Able to prioritise and organise a workload
- Flexible and adaptable
- Be an efficient team player
- Office experience desirable but not essential
To apply for this role, click the button below and see the job advert at the bottom of the page.
- A competitive salary;
- 25 days’ paid holiday plus the usual bank holidays;
- The opportunity to join an organisation that will support your ongoing professional and personal development;
- Access to the Perkbox employee benefits platform offering discounts on gym memberships, cinema tickets and 250 other perks; and
- Group Personal Pension Scheme.