Information on the company
For 40 years, this UK’s largest drinks trader has provided a great customer service in the beers and wines industry. Offering a large range of products, our client helped thousands of customer grow their business providing strong support services to maximise their sales and provide an excellent experience to their customers.
Head of Commercial
£17,000 - £22,000 dependent on experience
Objectives of the job:
To assist in the smooth running of the Commercial Administration with a flexible work attitude and excellent attention to detail.
Keeping accurate updated records and inputting correct information on request.
Processing invoices and month end processes.
Maintaining and updating Assets purchased by the company for customers.
Providing support to the team as a whole.
- Processing all equipment applications, underwriting and ensuring all account forms and other documents are correct prior to seeking approval to release agreements.
- Responsibility for writing all equipment/VDV agreements, with a 3-day turn-around time, and emailing to the Commercial Manager’s where applicable.
- To assist in the underwriting of customers, running consumer reports, land registries and requesting additional information where required.
- Reconcile the Asset Nominal to ensure they balances by month end.
- Request signed contracts from Depots/Account Managers for all assets purchased as per the equipment procedure
- Open asset accounts on the sales ledger and raise invoices/credits for equipment to the ledgers.
- Run volume reports on request using Cyber query.
- Review on a monthly basis, the write offs for assets, sale performance of customers with assets, and escalate accordingly within the business.
- Set up and delete write off for assets where applicable.
- Have full responsibility for the contact us email address
- Responsible for raising month end invoices and forwarding them to the relevant brewery contacts.
- Escalating queries directed by the breweries where applicable
- Running weekly/monthly brewery volume reports for internal/external support
- Arrange the weekly payment run for all investments, with our accounts team
- Process all payments to the correct nominal
- Open Investment accounts on the relevant ledger for both Loans and AOD’s and ensure direct debits or write offs are in place
- Raise any relevant invoices on Trinity
- Email any signed agreements directly to the customer along with welcome letter.
- Raise investment statements where required for internal and external customers.
- Build good relationships with Internal Customers and Managers and have the ability to communicate clearly with them.
- To be aware of different types of risk to the company in regards to credit and asset management.
- Help with any routine administration tasks, for example filing, auditing, etc.
- To become involved with the application of GDPR within the department.
- Other adhoc duties as required by your Line Manager.
- Excellent attention to detail and accurate record keeping.
- Flexible work approach, and the ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Keep accurate records and good numerical skills
- Understand processes and where this fits within the businesses needs
- Ability to read Credit Reports/Balance Sheets/Land Reg Reports/Consumer reports
- Understand and reconcile Nominal Codes
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Excel for spreadsheets and records.
- Use ‘Trinity/Gui’, Quote and Diver systems
- Good team work skills.
- Good time management and communication skills.
- The ability to prioritise own workload.
- The ability to escalate problems/issues and request assistance from Managers and Internal customers to achieve results.