Information on the company
This great company is a leading institution in the Digital Marketing sector. It is committed to providing world class training, qualifications and resources for today’s marketers to ensure that marketers are best equipped to make the right decisions in an increasingly complex technology and media landscape.
Amazing opportunity for a graduate with LMS / VLE experience and a strong eye for detail.
Our client is in the process of switching over from using Moodle to Absorb LMS.They currently have four Moodle instances that they are responsible for and one instance of Absorb LMS. The process of shifting all content over will take time and the executive will need to maintain the Moodle platform for its users until the full switchover.
VLE / LMS Administration:
- Provide support within the Learning Solutions Team, provide technical support to our external clients, and administer the Moodle Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). Provide first line support on VLE issues and escalate these as necessary, ensuring that these are logged and resolved.
- Provide first line support to customers on the use of our VLE and online products. Apply excellent customer-focused communication skills.
- Handle the creation and maintenance of internal and external user accounts, reports, and other VLE admin duties. Suggest improvements that will reduce the manual tasks and escalate issues, ideas and potential solutions within the wider Learning Solutions Team.
- Support the Learning Solutions Team in creating assessments as required. Upload content and resources to the Moodle VLE and the Absorb LMS.
- Study design briefs and determine requirements to ensure that final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand.
- Design and iterate visuals based on requirements and feedback.
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- Use the appropriate colours and layouts for each graphic, referring to Style Guides where specified.
- Test graphics across various media to ensure responsive design and review for quality assurance before printing or publishing.
- Work to agreed timelines (driven by module or course launch dates)
- Work with content owners to review quality of output before pushing content to live
- Research trends in e-learning that would enhance the company
Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) - Moodle (50% of your time)
Learning Management System (LMS) - Absorb (25% of your time)
Design and build content with authoring tools (particularly with Articulate RISE) - 25% of your time.
- Knowledge and experience of administering a VLE and/or LMS.
- Knowledge and experience of graphic design: working knowledge of creating visual concepts.
- Sound level of IT knowledge and able to learn and develop competence in new software quickly.
- Able to work to agreed timelines (driven by module or course launch dates).
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and familiar with design software and technologies (InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc.)
- Awareness of good practice in instructional design and pedagogy for online learning.
- Awareness of good practice in UX/ UI in developing effective online course design.
- Ability to work methodically
- Excellent attention to detail
- A keen eye for aesthetics
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Desirable (but not essential) - We are prepared to provide training to the right candidate
- Familiar with working with authoring tools (such as Articulate 360 RISE, Adobe Captivate).
- Knowledge of writing SQL queries.
- Experience in designing and producing video content.
- Experience in working with SMEs and Project Managers.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Someone with exceptional attention to detail, strong time management and excellent organisational skills.
- A quick learner. Someone who is adaptable and eager to learn new things as part of a fast-paced environment.
- Dedicated and enthusiastic with a positive attitude. A self-motivated, creative and resourceful person.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Analytical and able to approach problem-solving logically.
- Able to thrive under pressure, prioritise their own workload, multi-task and handle change positively.
- Someone who can be gracious and patient when explaining complex processes to others.