Information on the company
Our client is a leading provider of digital solutions to brands like Chanel, Danone, L'Oreal, Nespresso and Oliver Sweeney.
How you can expect to spend your day:
The Junior Web Developer is a development role which includes some customer facing interaction. The aim of this role is to learn about the BigCommerce ecommerce platform and be able to customise the web front-end to meet customer requirements.
- Become well versed in the BigCommerce
- Learn how to setup and configure BigCommerce
- Learn how to extend BigCommerce functionality by using 3rd party software
- Learn how to customise the BigCommerce customer front end interface
- Learn how to use the BigCommerce API interface
- Build new interactive eCommerce sites using BigCommerce
- Work with customers to understand their requirements
- Make recommendations to customers based on experience gain for BigCommerce
- Provide accurate estimates to Project Manager for all development work
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
Technical skills / Expertise
- Experience working with BigCommerce or Shopify
- Knowledge of multiple eCommerce platforms
- Experience with the following technologies: CSS, HTML, jQuery, Angular, React, GIT and WordPress
- General knowledge of APIs
Behavioural skills / Prerequisite qualifications / Expertise
- Team player
- Creative thinker / Innovative
- Analytical and decision-making capacities
- Ability to learn and transmit know-how
- Respect / Integrity
- People skills and communications skills
What are the perks of working at this company?
- Evolution towards the position of Subject Matter Expert in his field of specialization. This development in one's career requires a strong business orientation with regard to expertise, the ability to generate a competitive advantage for the company and a strong influence both inside the company and externally.
- Multi-disciplinary progression towards positions in Developer(front and backend), Support Engineer and Business Analysis.