Information on the company
Our client is a revolutionary tech company providing analytics tools to drinks companies around the world. The drinks industry was old fashioned before they came along! We’re now living in the age of data, but the drinks trade has been hampered by a debilitating lack of consumer information. We know that for industries to thrive in the modern world, they need to have a firm grasp of who they’re serving. And that’s where our client comes in.
This is a permanent role offering £35K - £65K depending on experience based in Central London
Who are we looking for?
An inquisitive and innovative FullStack Developer to join the product team. As an early stage startup we need someone with a cando
attitude who is happy to jump in and get their hands dirty, which could be anything from learning Go, building a specific cache and data enrichment service or improving our data pipeline. You will get the chance to work with numerous different technologies, have a say in how we drive the company forward and learn a ton along the way. You should be knowledgeable, collaborative, and motivated.
What would you be doing?
- Working on our web applications using Node.js and PHP in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Integrating userfacing elements developed by frontend developers
- Developing and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
- Building efficient, testable, and reusable code
- Solving complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Integrating various data storage solutions like relational databases, document based databases, key value stores and event queues
- Troubleshooting, testing and maintaining the core codebase and databases to ensure reliability, performance and functionality.
- Working with the Head of Technology, Product Manager and Lead Developer on new projects, from planning to completion and beyond
- Creating documentation and improve it where necessary, including potentially client facing
- Working on interactive geographic charting, overlaying weather and other data
- Tracking tasks in our project management system
- Maintaining a high level of awareness of the industry and trends, particularly regarding
development, to improve our software stack
What experience do you need to have?
- 2+ years of relevant application building experience in a professional environment
- Intermediate PHP experience (Lumen, Laravel, Symfony or similar)
- Intermediate SQL Database experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SqlServer or Oracle)
- Intermediate NoSQL Database experience (MongoDB or CouchDB)
- Intermediate Front End experience (React)
- Intermediate Cloud experience (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Alibaba Cloud)
- Salary: £35,000 - £65,000
- 25 annual holiday days, excluding bank holidays
- Range of employee benefits and perks