Information on the company
Another fantastic opportunity for a graduate with our friends at an award-winning Medical Journal!
They are the creators of peer-reviewed open access journals in the medical sector. They provide material to thousands of physicians, including congress reviews, as well as breaking news, analysis and access to information of unparalleled quality. The journals span across a wide range of therapeutic areas including Neurology, Gastroenterology and Urology, with all the publications and articles freely available and accessible to our online community to read and share. The content reviews the leading congress within the therapeutic area and are supported by internationally renowned editorial board members.
This leading medical journal is looking for an enthusiastic new team member to help them generate content for their journals by commissioning and creating content. This is an exciting opportunity for an editorial assistant looking to take the next step in their editorial career within a unique, and growing organisation.
- Attend relevant conferences in London and other international cities, using this as an opportunity to network, gather content ideas and interview thought leaders
- Manage journals by being accountable for the progress of content leading up to publication day
- Use research skills and medical knowledge to assist in commissioning journal content, by researching/sourcing articles, abstracts and features
- Write journal & newsletter content, including congress features, welcome, congress reviews, interview questions, news stories and events
- Oversee the peer review process to determine the suitability of research papers for publication
- Copy-edit research articles to our high journal standards
- Supervising a small team by being a point of contact for other departments and distributing team’s tasks
- Liaise with the Client Services department to co-ordinate the copy editing of important client work (such as symposium review articles)
- Maintain and develop relationships with Editorial Board members and other contributors
- Oversee the training and mentorship of new starters
- Deputise the Associate Editor where necessary by QC-ing content and reporting to management on the editorial successes and challenges.
- Proof and edit your own work as well as that of your peers, ensuring all contributors and team members comply to procedures, specifications and guidelines
- Work with the rest of the editorial team on the timelines for upcoming issues
- Support other departments and external contacts through being an enthusiastic team player
- Medical Science related degree
- Minimum 1-year experience in science publishing
- Experience copy-editing scientific research papers
- Excellent writing and English language skills
- Strong IT Skills – MS (Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and dedicated team player
- Ability to learn quickly and manage/prioritise a high-volume workload linked to tight deadlines
- Comfortable and confident with networking
- Excellent attention to detail
- Adheres to company quality standards
- Passionate about medical publishing