Information on the company
A healthcare organisation responsible for the successful management and delivery of healthcare services provided to millions of people living in North East London, ensuring local residents receive high quality, modern and sustainable healthcare services.
This role is to provide commissioning support to the Integrated Care Team which is a joint function between Islington Clinical Commissioning Group and London Borough of Islington. The joint integrated care team commission services such as intermediate care, social prescribing, frailty services, equipment, domiciliary care, residential care and carers services.
The key summary of the role is:
- To support all aspects of the Commissioning function this includes specific project work and standing administrative responsibilities.
- To work independently to manage their own workload and prioritise work to meet deadlines in line with local and CCG procedures.
- To have and develop skills including diary management, contract management, project management, document production, financial management and meeting administration and management.
- To build effective working relationships with partners across local health and care providers and commissioners
- To operate effectively and flexibly in a demanding programme management environment
Cross Organisation Working:
Islington CCG and council are being brought more closely together, and the post holder may have opportunities to work across both organisations.
Key Working Relationships:
Key external relationships with all local health and care providers, including primary care, secondary care, social care and the voluntary sector.
Key internal relationships are across the Commissioning directorate the wider CCG, and the Commissioning Support Unit. These relationships will include:
- Supporting key committees
- Working with clinical leads
- Working within North London Partners in Health and Care, delivering the Sustainability and Transformation Plan
- Clear communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills; capable of constructing and delivering clear ideas and concepts concisely and accurately for diverse audiences
- Skills for nurturing key relationships and maintaining networks
- Ability to analyse and interpret information, pre-empt and evaluate issues, and recommend and appropriate course of action to address the issues
- Problem solving skills and ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in specialist area
- Strong knowledge of project management and health information systems
- Previous experience in similar role in public sector is desirable.
- A good understanding of the health and social care environment and roles and responsibilities within it
- Ability to pull together comprehensive draft reports, data and letters
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to cope with uncertainty and change
- Professional calm and efficient manner and an effective organiser