Information on the company
An award winning fintech start-up specialising in providing business finance to help small businesses grow further and faster. In 5 years the company has already lent over £150m through their award winning technology platform. After raising capital to grow the business and recently opening operations in Germany, Spain, Poland this is a fantastic time to join the business.
This is a 6 month internship paying £20,000 - £25,000 (pro-rata) depending on experience with the potential to convert to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the Talent Team as a Talent Coordinator responsible for helping the company grow through hiring new talent into the business across a wide range of business areas. This is an excellent internship for a recent graduate looking to gain experience in Human Resources, Talent Management and working for a rapidly expanding Fintech business.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and be responsible for include:
• Quickly develop an understanding of the fintech sector and teams you are recruiting for, in order to build your industry knowledge.
• Search for active and passive candidates on job boards, LinkedIn and other recruitment tools or databases to assess their suitability for open and prospective roles.
• You’ll be given the opportunity to work across a wide range of roles (software developers, risk analysts, marketing, customer service, underwriting, etc.) and get experience of what it’s like to work in a fast-paced, high-growth start up.
• Carry out telephone screening calls with prospective candidates and arrange in-person interviews as candidates move through the recruitment cycle.
• Chase feedback from both the candidate and the interviewers, to ensure that candidates are moved swiftly through the hiring process, and appropriate feedback is shared in a timely way with various stakeholders (e.g. back to the candidate, to hiring managers, external agencies, etc.).
• Ensure details are updated on the company applicant tracking system so that candidate progress is carefully tracked.
• Prepare and issue documentation such as offer of employment letters and contracts.
• If you are interested in gaining more broader People Operations experience, then you’ll also have the opportunity to get involved in other projects, e.g. around reinventing our onboarding process for new joiners, or supporting our learning & development programme.
• Ad-hoc duties and assistance when required, to support the People Ops team.
What are the ideal candidate’s personality, skills and qualifications?
• Educated to degree level.
• Super-organised and proactive.
• Great communication skills (written and spoken) and be confident on the phone.
• A sense of responsibility towards work to be able to take ownership of tasks and work with stakeholders in the business to understand and resolve challenges to the business.
• Comfortable challenging the status quo, and willing to contribute creative ideas for how to achieve recruitment targets.
• Ability to manage through ambiguity to achieve clarity when needed.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Fluent English is essential.
• Fluency in spoken German or Polish are an advantage, but not essential.
• Smart, humble, motivated.
• Keen to learn and develop your skills within recruitment and The Talent Team.
• Plenty of hustle!
What are the perks of working at this company?
You will always have a say in the business and have the opportunity to really make a difference. You will be working on really interesting projects that will help the company more effectively serve its customers and help them to grow.
The company is focused on helping employees become top performers and reward everyone in numerous ways.
Employee benefits include:
• A fantastic, spacious office in central London (Oxford Circus).
• Pool, Ping Pong, Foosball tables and morning yoga.
• Plenty of drinks and snacks (both healthy and less so).
• Various sports teams including football, running and climbing.
• Flexible working hours.
• 25 days of paid holiday per year, plus UK public holidays, and an extra day +1 for your birthday!
• Awesome winter and summer retreats for you to work from.
Apply for this role