Information on the company
Our client is an award-winning creator of peer-reviewed open acces journals in the medical sector. They provide material to thousands of physicians, including congress reviews, as well as breaking news, analysis and access to information of unparalleled quality.
Initially a 3-month contract, you will be given a variety of responsibilities across a growing office including diary management, arranging meetings, supporting with internal communications, and providing support to the CEO. If you prove yourself, there will be an option of a permanent contract as part of our Operations team, with a chance to develop as an individual and grow with the company.
Days of Work: Monday – Friday
Working Hours: 08:30 – 17:00
Reports to: CEO and Operations Team
Contract: 3-month contract – Junior Office Administrator
If successful, permanent contract – Operations Administrator
£20,000 after passing probation,
£25,000 after 1yr and £30,000 after 2yrs service
How you can expect to spend your day:
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
- Diary management, including managing the annual company calendar
- Managing shared inbox, ensuring content is forwarded to relevant departments
- Updating contact lists and e-mail administration
- Internal support managing meeting requests and meeting room schedules
- Support with arranging meeting schedules externally, including travel requests and invites
- Occasionally taking meeting notes/minutes
- Answering phone calls and transferring to relevant departments
- Printing and scanning documents for staff, and in preparation for meetings or interviews
- Supporting sales staff with generating and updating reports
- Managing computer files to ensure up to date information is available
- Support CEO with a weekly newsletter, gathering content from and distribution to staff
- Regular updates on our internal communication platform ‘Workplace’
- General office duties to include: Post collection, managing office equipment and stationery orders, greeting visitors, maintaining a tidy working environment
- Updating sales reports and general administrative support to different departments
- Responsibility to track office expenditure with support of Finance, flagging any irregularities
- Social Media updates for office and CEO, particularly LinkedIn management
- As we grow as a business there will be additional ad-hoc duties and opportunities to learn from the Operations Manager and Chief Operating Officer, including process, policy, and procedure update
The goal of the company is to become the go to place for healthcare professionals in Europe. The reason for this and the reason we are in business is to challenge and equip everyone to be the best they can, whether that is a healthcare professional, client, member of staff or anyone else we interact with.
- Prior office administration highly desirable, ideally you will have experience in an office environment
- We want someone who is looking for an opportunity to develop a career in Operations/Office Management, or potentially as PA/EA
- You will have strong attention to detail
- Highly organised, proactive, and confident individual
- Excellent time management skills and ability to think on your feet
- Microsoft Office proficiency, ideally an understanding of basic Excel formulas
- Exceptional communication and customer service skill
- Able to handle confidential information
- Willing to learn with a desire to be the best version of yourself – not a role for passengers!
- No job is too small - you understand that each task contributes to the success of yourself and the you understand that each task contributes to the success of yourself and the organisation
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- If you’re right for them (and equally importantly if they’re right for you) you will be offered a permanent contract. After successfully passing probation, you will be given the title of Operations Administrator and the opportunity to grow your career
- Gain exposure to different teams across the business (including HR, Sales, Client Services, and Commercial Publishing) and interact with Director-level individuals
- You will join a team of ‘gold-medal winners’, who will be here to support you as you grow – if you succeed, they succeed!
- Amazing progression opportunities within the company
- Quarterly offsite planning days
- Summer Ball and awards night
- Fun monthly incentives for meeting targets
- Company wage with increases after employment milestones
- Exciting and growing industry
- Ongoing coaching and training
- Positive and supportive work environment
- Central London location
- The chance to create and carry out marketing plans that will be presented internationally!