Information on the company
This employer is an exciting data management company that is enhancing the way companies manage data.
They are a next generation sales platform that uses AI to stream leads in real-time. Their service can be used for lead enrichment, lead generation and sales automation. They already have a number of high profile paying customers and have recently released native applications for Microsoft Dynamics and Salesforce. They’re on a mission to improve the quality of business data used by sales and marketing teams.
This exciting company is growing fast and adding new members to their core team! If you’re excited to work with a team that moves fast, take risks, and comes to work every day excited about building a product that will power the next generation of innovation in sales and marketing we would love to hear from you.
Entry level position for a grad who wants to get into HR at a super cool AI tech company!
Your overall responsibility will be to ensure the smooth running of the offices and to maintain employee records, as well as various HR documentation and internal systems.
You will be highly organised with the ability to balance the needs of the Business with those of your colleagues, while maintaining an unfaltering level of confidentiality. You will of course have first class communication skills and the ability to build meaningful and productive relationships across the Business.
As the successful candidate you will also be highly organised, efficient, deadline-driven and have the ability to thrive under pressure. Self-motivation and flexibility will also be crucial for reacting to the needs of this rapidly expanding start-up.
- Working closely with the HR Manager to support the development of best practice policies and procedures, in order to support the Business and its employees;
- Being the Company’s first point of contact for all basic HR queries and carrying out admin relating to all employee relations issues (including sickness, disciplinary, performance management, grievance, leave etc.);
- Assisting the HR Manager with development of a structured Induction Process and providing support;
- Providing admin support for the entire employee life cycle (start/change/leave);
- Managing the Probationary Period log;
- Providing support to the HR Manager in formal proceedings, e.g. acting as a notetaker;
- Managing aspects of the in-house HR system;
- Being proactive in keeping up to date with legislative changes and industry trends, and liaising with the HR Manager on this;
- Assisting the HR Manager to ensure policies, procedures, documentation and correspondence are compliant with legislation and company standards at all times;
- Assisting in developing and managing training programmes for all staff;
- Carrying out ad hoc reporting where required e.g. absenteeism, and escalating problem areas to the HR Manager;
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of company culture.
Office Management Responsibilities:
- General housekeeping, in the context of ensuring a pleasant and professional environment in the offices at all times;
- General ad hoc admin duties, including booking in-house meetings, and external travel and accommodation where required;
- Working closely with the wider business in planning for key events and assisting where possible;
- Fulfilling IT systems set-up as required by new starters and existing employees;
- Ordering office stationery and additional equipment as requested by the wider team and new starters, whilst monitoring expenses;
- Owning the inventory of IT equipment by booking items out and in;
- Booking headshot appointments and ordering Business cards for new starters:
- Ad hoc reporting;
- Liaising with TOG (host workspace The Office Group) regarding office facilities.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Previous HR Administration/office management experience within a tech environment is highly desirable. The company will send you on courses to upskill.
- An HR-related degree or working towards a CIPD qualification desirable, but not essential;
- Excellent attention to detail and calm, and the ability to maintain these when working under pressure;
- The ability to use good and balanced judgement in any given situation, and to problem solve;
- Confident to multitask and re-prioritise driven by the relevant deadlines, and at short notice;
- First class interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships at all levels in the business, both verbally and in writing;
- Confident and professional in holding employees accountable for actions, and in responding to challenges from others;
- Proactive in using initiative to recognise and manage office and employee needs;
- Ability to maintain total confidentiality, to act with utmost discretion, and the ability to establish an appropriate distance from colleagues and peers in relation to confidentiality.