Information on the company
This exciting agency is a leading voice of European private equity, providing essential market intelligence, deal information and insight to Europe’s leading private equity firms, their lawyers, advisers, service providers and LPs. With one of the largest dedicated editorial teams in European private equity, they publish the latest news and analysis, hosts a huge deals archive and provides intelligence on the top GPs in Europe. They also organise some of the industry’s most prestigious award ceremonies and conferences. In addition to the fortnightly print magazine.
This is a full time role with a salary of £25K - big advantage if you speak German too!
The company are looking for a conference producer who can play a leading role in the development of their conference portfolio. The role will involve contact with internal and external stakeholders, communicating with market participants and industry organisations daily, to develop high-profile industry events. You will identify speaking opportunities for revenue-generating topics, introduce new and informative features and session formats and liaise with the marketing team to devise strategies to ensure the commercial success of your events.
The ideal candidate:
- University graduate (or equivalent level of education)
- Great research skills
- Excellent copywriter- you will need to write high quality agendas and briefs
- Strong communication skills
- Able to build rapport with senior level players, over the phone and face to face
- Highly organised
- Able to lead and motivate a team
- Fully flexible to travel with no restrictions
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Research and produce a minimum of 4 conferences per year
- Identify workshop opportunities for every conference to increase revenue
- Schedule and carry out at least 5 onsite meetings with conference attendees
- Secure (with written confirmation) speakers, panelists and conference chairs
- Meet deadlines and production targets
- Inform Event Director of progress of each conference
- Coordinate with the logistics contact to maximise profitability
- Work with sponsorship, brief and pass on leads from a minimum of 10 conversations with decision makers per event
- Brief telesales and work with Marketing Manager to make sure correct lists are being called
- Provide Marketing Manager with a marketing brief to advise them on how best to attract potential delegates and suggest publications suitable for external marketing activity
- Check all marketing collateral before it goes out including emails, direct mails and event brochures
- Conference administration- expense forms, speaker confirmations, handovers etc.
- Make sure all conference information is correct on the website
- Communicate with marketing, sales and logistics
- Attend conferences and deliver a welcome address to attendees
Benefits of the role:
- Leave early on Fridays
- Life Assurance after probation period
- Additional 2-3 days holiday over the Christmas period
- A day off on your birthday
- Access to a childcare voucher scheme
- Ride-to-work bicycle scheme
- Regular company socials
- Daily fruit box
- Subscription to Perkbox for loads of great discounts and free stuff!
- Very close to Moorgate station!
Apply for this role