Information on the company
Our client is a cutting-edge private healthcare company based in London. They provide independent diagnostic services, such as MRI and Ultrasound, to patients across the city. The business is innovative and fast-growing, and has been a disruptive force within the healthcare industry.
How can you expect to spend your day?
The role of the Reservations Administrator is to provide support within the Reservations department for a successful and growing medical diagnostic business. You will be at the heart of scheduling appointments for all diagnostic services provided by London imaging and will be expected to be involved at all levels from general administration, scheduling appointments for every modality, management of existing bookings and dispatching reports. Attention to detail when updating records is essential, chasing outstanding referrals and dealing with enquiries. You will also be required to use your initiative, multitask and complete all tasks in line with the deadlines that have been set.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE:
Communication and Administration
- Responsible for monitoring, triage and processing all incoming emails and faxes daily
- Answering incoming calls, triaging appropriately and redirecting to the appropriate departments
- Handle telephone and direct enquiries in a prompt and effective manner, ensuring information provided is accurate with queries effectively prioritised
- Establish contact and capture information on potential and existing patients from any enquiries and, as well as following up on all leads
- Arrange and manage appointments on any new referrals received within 24 hours of initial enquiry
- Communicating with patients / referrers or third parties clearly and accurately
- Create and update Patient and Referrer contacts, keeping records up to date
- Triage Referrals received capturing all necessary information on the referral form, before passing to the Radiographers to assess the clinical information
- Monitor appointment diaries and utilise ‘smart booking’
- Create and despatch appointment confirmations to patients
- Keeping an up to date knowledge of London Imaging’s services, pricing and policies, as well as a knowledge of competitors within the local area
- Assist and coordinating with clinical staff and third parties where there may be a breakdown of services
- To use initiative and ‘act-on’ accordingly when appointments are delayed or cancelled
- To promote the services to referrers and patients where possible
- To have clear knowledge and understanding of each modality and how to schedule appointments in those areas
- To formulate strong relationships with referrers and third parties and identifying their needs
- Create cases which track the progress of enquiries from Patients/Referrers/Radiologists, ensuring that a hand over where appropriate has taken place/follow up on and resolve any queries directly within your means
- Provide support in other areas of admin
- To work towards a one working day turnaround for dispatching reports
- To transpose reports accurately
- To arrange and organise in-house clinics accurately
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Document processes in relation to the role as and when required
- To assist Front of House cover as and when required
- To provide a welcoming and professional service, being first point of contact, coordinating patient / visitor journey experience throughout the entirety of their visit
- Adapt to and support any changes implemented to improve the service provided to patients, clinicians and staff
- To have knowledge and adherence to the Code of Confidentiality and Data Protection Act 1998
Key Results Area
- Excellent client care and level of satisfaction
- Increase in appointments in all modalities
- Increase in new and re-referrals
- Clear communication with referrers and patients
- Accurate data entry
- Accurate bookings
All information in relation to patients and staff must be held in the strictest confidence and may not be divulged to any unauthorized person at any time without the authorization of the Reservations Manager or unless it is in the best interest of the individual. The post holder must maintain the confidentiality of information about patients, staff and other service business in accordance with the Code of Confidentiality and the Data Protection Act, 1998. A breach of confidentiality in relation to manual or computer data will result in disciplinary action being taken in accordance with London Imaging Centre disciplinary procedure and may lead to dismissal.
Desired skills, experience and personality:
- Good Knowledge of or keen interest in working in the Private Healthcare Market
- Minimum of one-year administration experience
- Good knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office – Word and Excel
- Excellent communication, administration and organizational skills
- Attention to detail, enthusiastic and hard-working
- Independent, can follow own initiativy
- Ability to prioritize own workload in a highly-pressurized working environment
- Experience in delivering excellent customer service consistently, as well as being able to problem solve with a smart and efficient approach.
- Some Direct sales or Tele-sales experience
- Previous experience of working in healthcare environment
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- A fantastic career opportunity for someone looking to move into healthcare and project management
- Great opportunity to enhance your knowledge of the sector
- Medical cover and competitive pension scheme
- A social team with a real ‘family environment’.