Information on the company
Our client operates in the private equity and investment management sector, offering professional services to these firms. They help teams optimise their systems and processes and provide specialist advice on CRM, portfolio monitoring and fund administration.
This is initially a 3 month internship with the view to lead to a permanent position. Salary during the internship is £18k.
How you can expect to spend your day;
They are looking for an organised, self-starter to help in a variety of business support areas including HR, Finance, IT, office management and general admin. Key responsibilities are;
- Daily, monthly and cyclical tasks such as organising security passes for new starters, office tours, running client invoices, setting up laptops.
- You will be responsible for keeping up with overseeing office supply purchasing and inventory, and scheduling office equipment maintenance.
- You will also establish procedures and routines.
- There are also a variety of data management functions, including paper and electronic records management, setting up and managing spreadsheets and databases, producing reports, compiling information and sometimes analysing results.
- You will be responsible for special projects such as sourcing vendors for a major purchase, auditing customer records, analysing trends in employee absences and evaluating competitor product offerings and potentially marketing/event projects
- You will also gain a unique opportunity to see how a small consulting business operates
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications;
- Ideally you’ll have completed a degree in a related topic, such as Finance, Accounting or Business
- You may have previous relevant work experience, preferably with a financial organisation
- You will have a good attention to detail and be comfortable working with data and software packages, but you will also be highly articulate and presentable, with a flair for making people feel comfortable and at ease.
- You’re able to demonstrate a genuine interest in building a career in the business support.
- Demonstrate a solid knowledge of Excel