Information on the company
Our client is a strategic brand design and innovation company, specialising in packaging and ranked in the top 10 in the UK.
Theyjoy a secure and loyal client base. Most of which have been with them for many years (Sainsbury’s since 1993, Heineken since 2000), a testament to their high standards of servicing and creative work. they also boast a diverse and thriving range of multinational clients, located mostly across Scandinavia, Portugal and the UK.
Account Executive – Finnish clients
Reporting to Account Directors
Our client is a busy packaging and branding design studio based in the heart of Covent Garden and they are looking for a bright Account Executive to join our team.
You will be supporting the Client Services team. This is a brilliant opportunity to learn everything about the design process, from strategy to delivery, to develop branding and commercial knowledge and to work on some great iconic Finnish brands.
Purpose of Role
Learn how to manage design projects and provide good client service. This is done by working across multiple projects and all phases, supporting the AD on various activities.
FMCG food and drinks - Finland
Main Job Responsibilities
- Support AD on large accounts building on knowledge of client business so can react appropriately.
- Runs small accounts/ projects, overseen by AD
- Read the media for topics/brands ascribed to them and shares with team
- Support account team by constantly striving to help out, relieve them of administrative tasks, and gradually learning to anticipate more and more what may be required next.
- Proactively seek best deals for all bought-ins, travel and other workstream/team related expenses
- Support AD on creating budget spreadsheets
- Support on entry of financial information in Paprika (including creating job numbers, estimates, POs etc)
- Update financial trackers / budget summaries / forecasting
- Learn to create estimates
- Support on invoicing
- Chase designers on timesheets
- Participate in scheduling meetings learning to accurately and efficiently resource for work
- Prepare status reports, timing plans and project trackers
- Collate all technical information such as cutter guides, ingredients list…
- Organise photo shoots and liaise with photographer and client
- Set up and organise meetings
- Strategic workshop preparation
- Participate in briefing designers and design reviews
- Translate and copy check pack copy and guidelines copy where necessary
- Attend meetings and calls where a translator is required, for example research groups, research debriefing and production calls
- A sound level of written & spoken communication skills are required, together with good spelling, grammar and attention to detail
Briefs and proposals
- Support on preparation of material for briefs and proposals.
- Helps gather together material for briefing
- Start to write briefs for smaller workstreams.
- Start to write project workplan for smaller design and production workstreams.
- Be a sounding board for all things Finnish and sense checking designs for adherence to culture and style
- Help gather together materials for pitches and business development presentation
Skills and Competencies
- Finnish native speaker
- Understanding of Finnish culture and FMCG brands
- A personable team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised, well prepared and ability to keep calm under pressure
- A positive thinker with a responsive, ‘can do’ and optimistic attitude
- Numerate, attention to detail
- Committed, enthusiastic, passionate