Information on the company
This quality interior design and decor business is entering an exciting phase of expansion in the UK and internationally! Sales, design and manufacturing capacity will develop and expand over the coming months, including new showrooms in key locations across the country.
This is a full-time opportunity, paying £18k + commission and bonus. On target earnings would be £28-30k per annum.
Day-to-day activities will include:
- Promoting and sell the company’s extensive range of furniture.
- Supporting the Retail Sales Manager in the day-to-day management of the showroom.
- Advising customers based on their furniture requirements, utilising showroom stock, brochures and other marketing materials, and discussing different models and fabric options. In addition to this you’ll have the opportunity to propose alternatives to stock, such as custom order items, and suitable fabrics based on the customer requirements including style and budget.
- Creating quotations, sales receipts and delivery notes for all enquiries and sales. All paperwork should be correctly filed and entered in their sales order system - attention to detail and daily checklists are required for all orders to ensure delays and errors are minimised.
- Following up on retail leads generated through website, direct mail and showroom visits to ensure all sales potentials are realised.
- Ensuring the showroom, office and ancillary areas are clean, tidy and well stocked with brochures, marketing materials, retail price lists and samples as appropriate.
- Ensure there is sales presence in the showroom at all times (to be coordinated by the Retail Sales Manager). This will include weekend and early evening work as required.
- Ensuring all stock is correctly labelled and priced (including dimensions and fabrics details).
- Liaising with the logistics and warehouse team to ensure all orders are fully paid prior to delivery.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
- Switched on, outgoing and enthusiastic
- A strong retail sales background - preferably with experience of high-end/luxury sales.
- A good knowledge/appreciation of design, trends and styles (in particular within the interiors sector).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with sound administration and IT competence
- A background in interior design/ or a qualification in a relatable area
- Experience with Sketch Up
*Please note, this is a 5 day per week role, but this does include weekends and early evenings - showrooms are open 10-6 Monday to Saturday and 11-5 Sunday*
*No Cover letters, please just submit your CV to be considered*