Information on the company
Our client is the U.K. arm of an award winning U.S. based PR agency, specialising in food & drink, house & home, and consumer healthcare brands. Their clients include many well-known international companies and brands, and the agency has some of the industry’s longest-tenured client/agency relationships in the U.S.
Our client is offering three-month paid (pro-rata) work experience opportunities to enthusiastic and ambitious graduates who are considering marketing and PR as a career.
Working alongside the team in the heart of London Kings Cross on a roster of global food and drink brands, interns will learn a variety of skills working on live client projects.
How you can expect to spend your day;
- Attend team meetings and brainstorms
- Support and shadow team members during external meetings as well as photo and video shoots
- Help to organise and attend client events
- Approach media with news stories and product news You’ll be a budding publicist and keen to learn the ropes when it comes to liaising with media and pitching stories
- Brainstorm and research ideas for campaigns
- Monitor press coverage and social media
- Devise creative solutions to distribute products to media and influencers
- Work on client presentations and reports
- Manage office administration e.g. ordering stationary and set up meeting rooms
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications;
- Educated to degree level
- Previous PR experience preferred but not essential
- Exceptional communication skills– verbal and written skills which are second-to-none
- A passion for food and drink, from street food to new restaurant and bar openings to the latest food trends
- A good level of office administration skills, proficient across the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Great organisation and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A keen interest in popular culture, from food and drink to music and travel
- An eye for detail and a “can-do” attitude
- Social media savvy and an interest in food and drink on social media
- A strong team player
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- Opportunity to work with some of the world’s biggest food and drink brands.
- A creative and innovative working environment.
- A close knit team who are always open to new ideas and passing on their extensive knowledge.
- Work socials – including trying new bars and restaurants.